5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning OE Satin Black Powder Coat

Grouper

Reaction score
The wheels on my Silverado are powder coated gloss black, which is very easy to wash and keep clean. It's a smooth finish.

I have a set of OE Laramie Sport 22" wheels that I'm going to have powder coated black, like the OE Laramie Night Edition wheels.

The factory black powder coat on both the 20" (Big Horn) and 22" (Laramie) Night Edition wheels appears to be a satin finish, not gloss.

I'm pretty sure matte black would be a pain to clean but from those of you with the OE black wheels, I'm curious how difficult it is to keep the OE satin finish clean?

Thanks.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Not hard.... but I've only used one product on mine so I have nothing to compare to, just really happy with the product.

Dr. Beasley's Matte wheel cleaner and Matte Wheel seal.

You can order from amazon. Its my first set of matte wheels on my GLC63 and my brakes dust like nothing I've ever seen. Rinses the majority of it right off and cleaning is easy.

Can be a little pricey but with my night edition wheels coming l just buy it in bulk :)

Other than that, just a PH neutral soap when washing...

Grouper

Reaction score
I dropped off the 22" Sport wheels yesterday to be stripped and powder coated.

The practical side of me was leaning toward gloss black but I stayed the course and told them to do satin black.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Just did my first detail on my new 21 laramine. Wheels look much better after using dr. Beasleys. I Still highly reccomend it for painted or matte wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread