5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning leather steering wheel

Hawkmsa

Reaction score
What does everyone use to detail their leather steering wheel?

WasatchBack

Reaction score
All purpose cleaner (like Adams, Meguiers etc) and Mr Clean eraser *very* gently, dry with microfiber.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mr Clean Eraser is abrasive. I won't even let those things in my house.
Yeah that's how they work. Being abrasive. They have their place and I have them at home

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They work great when degreasing windows prior to polishing.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Manual says to use a damp soft cloth for light cleaning of leather or Mopar Total Clean for stubborn dirt on leather surfaces. It's what I used for many years on the leather and most other interior surfaces. I still have a few bottles but recently purchased some Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner and plan to start using it. It's more readily available, a little cheaper and also works on glass. It's also suitable for cleaning leather.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Manual says to use a damp soft cloth for light cleaning of leather or Mopar Total Clean for stubborn dirt on leather surfaces. It's what I used for many years on the leather and most other interior surfaces. I still have a few bottles but recently purchased some Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner and plan to start using it. It's more readily available, a little cheaper and also works on glass. It's also suitable for cleaning leather.
Need to make sure whatever you are using in the leather is not just a cleaners but will also condition it to keep it from getting dry

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My go to product, and my go to answer: Murphy's Oil Soap. Leather, vinyl, oil, seats, steering wheel, dash, console, doesn't matter: Murphy's Oil Soap. Heck, people use it on their tires, too.

It's both a dessert topping and a floor wax!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need to make sure whatever you are using in the leather is not just a cleaners but will also condition it to keep it from getting dry
I guess I’ve not had a need to condition leather auto seats or wheel cover but my cars don’t sit outside baking in the sun.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the cheap Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic and graphene exterior products but their interior detailer and a microfiber cloth has pulled the dye from my driver side door handle. Would suggest avoiding it. Kinda pissed about it and should probably reach out to them regarding it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner on all the leather surfaces. Spray it onto a microfiber applicator and work in. Steering wheel I gently just touch it and work it around, I have clean hands.

Users who are viewing this thread