5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clayton Rear Coil Install

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this weekend I went ahead and finally finished installing my level on my 2020 1500 ORG. 2” front spacer over the ORG front struts(3” front lift total) has been in awhile and the rear ORG springs sat dead level if maybe a hair squatted. Until now when I installed the coils, they did as many have said, raised about 1.5” over the ORG springs(2.5” total rear lift) but I did notice the rather annoying “clunk” that people have been mentioning with the install of these and Icons coils. Some people claim they needed insulators, some don’t have these issues. I re-used the factory insulators ontop of the rear springs with the Clayton's and they seemed to fit just fine, a little tight on install(had to disconnect the shocks and sway bar links, and still use a small amount of pry bar persuasion to get the bottom of the coils over the cup). I’m wondering if anybody has found other culprits to this issue? If it’s not metal on metal with the isolators being installed I’m wondering if it’s the OEM ORG rear shocks reaching full extension? I know the ORG shocks have more travel then the non-ORG trucks, but I’m not sure if it’s enough to accommodate the extra 1.5” lift. Has anybody had any luck with shock extensions with the new style of rear shocks maybe? Any help would be great.

Jackob2545

Reaction score
Wondering the same thing! Have 6112’s and zone UCA’s for the front, along 5160’s for the rear for my ORP built to serve model. I also ordered the Clayton’s after reading about their benefits here. I want to maintain decent rake with the 6112s on clip 8 as well as get the spring rate benefit for towing our small 18ft travel trailer. Worried the Clayton’s will be to long for the 5160’s.

Good luck with your truck! Hope some more info makes its way to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread