5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Class IV hitch receiver for 2020 RAM?

flameredram

Reaction score
I've been having the hardest time trying to find a class 4 2" hitch receiver for the my new 2020 1500 (it didn't come with one). The OEM part ( 82215222AB) is either discontinued or on back-order until October depending on who you ask. I've inquired at a couple of Curt resellers, and they both said they only have Class 3 or Class 5 available for the RAM, no Class 4.

Any issues if I was to install a Curt Class 5 with 2" receiver on the 1500?

Thanks

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your window sticker. Mine came with a class 4. I have never seen a new ram not come without a hitch receiver, and I'd expect all 1500s to have a class4. Even my 2000 v6 dakota has a class 4.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they all come with a on-bumper option for lighter trailers/bike carrier type stuff. There’s a hole in middle of bumper that you just need to screw a ball to.

flameredram

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies - there is indeed a hole in the bumper but that's a Class 3 and also limited to 5,000 lbs. I wasn't sure if there would be any issues with fit (e.g. needing to cut off trim, etc.) with a frame-mounted Class 5

Users who are viewing this thread