5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cigars

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This was probably an $8-12 cigar when it was gifted to me. Fast forward a few years and it is worth twice its weight in gold. For commies, the Cuban govt sure does enjoy capitalism.
View attachment 159207 View attachment 159208
Very nice. We still have a bout a half-dozen Cubans in our humidor from our trip there in 2016. We're saving them for special occasions. The tough part is determining exactly what qualifies as a special occasion. :ROFLMAO:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice. We still have a bout a half-dozen Cubans in our humidor from our trip there in 2016. We're saving them for special occasions. The tough part is determining exactly what qualifies as a special occasion. :ROFLMAO:

Every occasion is a special occasion.
If you save them only for something special, you'll never get to smoke them.

I've seen too many brothers of the leaf pass and not get a chance to smoke that stick they were saving for some super special occasion.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shoot, now you got me questioning if the one I smoked was Cuban....I assumed it was, but now that I think about it, it didn't taste Cuban.
The Honduran ones are descent. Not my favorite by any stretch. Fairly inexpensive also.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Honduran ones are descent. Not my favorite by any stretch. Fairly inexpensive also.
I wasn't aware that there was a Non-Cuban ERdM line until today. Lol.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Cubans we brought back from Cuba were Romeos and Cohibas. Several well-known brands are made in Cuba as well as some of the other tobacco producing countries. That's what makes it a bit tricky to know if you're buying genuine Cuban cigars or not. The cigars we brought back were purchased in government run cigar stores so we knew they were genuine. There were lots of street vendors selling what they said were genuine at lower prices, but we were told to stay away from those sellers because you have no way of knowing the source of those sticks.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Cubans we brought back from Cuba were Romeos and Cohibas. Several well-known brands are made in Cuba as well as some of the other tobacco producing countries. That's what makes it a bit tricky to know if you're buying genuine Cuban cigars or not. The cigars we brought back were purchased in government run cigar stores so we knew they were genuine. There were lots of street vendors selling what they said were genuine at lower prices, but we were told to stay away from those sellers because you have no way of knowing the source of those sticks.
Most of the cigars made now in other countries like Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic, etc. are from Cuban seed tobacco they say. I don’t know this to be true for all cigar makers, but from some research people say the premium cigars from those other countries besides Cuba, can rival or even top Cuban cigars because of similar growing conditions and better quantity control.

I can’t say Cubans are any better, because of my limited experience in smoking both. I do know some that say so. I do think there is a lot of desire simply because it is something that you aren’t supposed to have because we can’t trade with those fkkkers.

utlong31

Reaction score
c82db1fdf3a857a4548f41718f941f32.jpg

These popped up on sale so I added them to an order. Not bad. I’d order them again. I’m pretty stocked up and looking forward to some good smokes this Holliday weekend. Got a pretty special Davidoff my son got me for my birthday I’m planning on having with a good glass of whisky. Pics to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Me too. One of the few that I enjoy in both Cuban and non Cuban offerings.
I think I only had one Cuban punch. My girlfriend's father gave me one years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread