5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Window Trim

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Limited Trim level 1500's have a chrome window trim that goes around the entire front and back window area as shown in the photo below. Has anyone been able to replace the standard black rubber trim found on a Bighorn or other lower trim levels with the chrome?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Yes, this has been done many times. If you search for it you should be able to find the posts. I don't think its super difficult to swap, but also not super easy. Somewhere in the middle as I recall reading.

Good luck!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I priced these out not too long ago and let me just say, you really have to want these for that cost lol.

Firebird

Reaction score
You can find high polished stainless strips for the lower window trim on eBay, but they are not full surround

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
My bad, I'm trying to do the opposite and get rid of the chrome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tundralag

Reaction score
Funny my longhorn came with Crome all around Except my drivers door the put a black piece there. I guess the guy at the factory was short and said screw it let the dealer fix it

Attachments

• E8ABEC21-A702-4796-9B15-841BBEED1593.jpeg
    E8ABEC21-A702-4796-9B15-841BBEED1593.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 48

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny my longhorn came with Crome all around Except my drivers door the put a black piece there. I guess the guy at the factory was short and said screw it let the dealer fix it
How in the blazes does something like THAT get missed during final inspection?! Wow.

Tundralag

Reaction score
How in the blazes does something like THAT get missed during final inspection?! Wow.
I didn’t even notice. When I posted my new truck pics on this forum someone said hey where’s your Crome door piece. Funny as hell. No harm no foul. Dealer ordered the new piece. **** happens. Truck runs like a dream. No issues with anything else. I can be thankful compared to others on this forum

Users who are viewing this thread