5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome window sills

Jcndsu

Reaction score
I really like the chrome window sills/trim around the windows on the limiteds. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I could find some trim to go over my black ones on my bighorn. Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
They don’t make anything like that. Either replace em or leave em black.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I really like the chrome window sills/trim around the windows on the limiteds. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I could find some trim to go over my black ones on my bighorn. Thanks

Watching online for some too. I see them online for up thru the 2018 model year. Real truck site says late November when I inquired. You can order them thru the dealership but they're crazy expensive. I tried to get them tossed into my deal at my dealership but that was a no go. I'm also waiting for the release of chrome pillar posts to hit the market for mine. I found chrome bodyside mouldings on eBay in September that looks like the ones on the limited. Very close and easy install. Sturdy and well made.

Rob

Reaction score
The online ones for limited are only a 4 piece. I’ve seen the set. The limited are a 8 piece. Window trim takes a while for aftermarket to develop. The last generation is the same parts for pretty much a decade. This is all new. I can find out what I get em for with my commercial discount and if your interested ill
Pass the discount on to you

BlueSteel

Reaction score
The online ones for limited are only a 4 piece. I’ve seen the set. The limited are a 8 piece. Window trim takes a while for aftermarket to develop. The last generation is the same parts for pretty much a decade. This is all new. I can find out what I get em for with my commercial discount and if your interested ill
Pass the discount on to you
Interested yes! Thank you!

Rob

Reaction score
I will get pricing tomo on the window trim and the door trim. I’m sure you are already aware that the door trim says limited on the front door trim in case that bothers anyone

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will get pricing tomo on the window trim and the door trim. I’m sure you are already aware that the door trim says limited on the front door trim in case that bothers anyone
It won’t bother me as my truck ownership is limited to me.

Jcndsu

Reaction score
I have the opposite issue I have the chrome window trim and wish it was black. Anyone just want to trade!
I would gladly trade. Where abouts are you located? Midwest Minnesota is where I am

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapping these pieces seems easy. removing, especially the black trim must be done with extreme care and that will not guarantee you can reuse them.

I removed the black trim from my 4th gen Laramie on the thoughts I might resell it to offset the cost of the bright trim I purchased. As careful as I was, they were not something I could put back on nor sell.

The 5th gens may be much easier to remove vs the 4th gens good luck if you choose to try.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Pretty expensive
I already bought the door trim on eBay back when I first got the truck... it was the first thing I added. It wasn't OEM but it is really nice and sturdy and was easy to install. . The only thing I'm interested in doing are the chrome around my windows. I'm going to try to see if I can blow this picture up on my computer for the pricing. I am on my phone at the moment trying to view the attachment. thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated

Rob

Reaction score
Np. The window trim is the more expensive bill. Almost everything is backorderd. I might be able to get some things on Chrysler’s program. Meaning save a little more. Let me know. A lot of pieces to it. Not like 4th gens

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to add the Limited exterior chrome side moldings to my '19 Quad Cab. I realize the Limited only comes in the Crew Cab, but I'm willing to cut the rear door moldings to adjust for the shorter length.

The question I have is will the factory adhesive adhere to a vehicle that has had the Ziebart Crystal Coat applied?

Bests,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 006431 miles.

Rob

Reaction score
Yes. 3m adhesion promoter is a must. But once you touch it better be on the money. It’s not moving at all

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. 3m adhesion promoter is a must. But once you touch it better be on the money. It’s not moving at all

Thank you!
Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 006517 miles.

Randy S

Reaction score
Watching online for some too. I see them online for up thru the 2018 model year. Real truck site says late November when I inquired. You can order them thru the dealership but they're crazy expensive. I tried to get them tossed into my deal at my dealership but that was a no go. I'm also waiting for the release of chrome pillar posts to hit the market for mine. I found chrome bodyside mouldings on eBay in September that looks like the ones on the limited. Very close and easy install. Sturdy and well made.
Chrome Pillar trim is out on Ebay

JeffK63

Reaction score
The Limited chrome window trim is only availabe for the crew cab, won't fit on the quad cabs unless they can trim it down.

Users who are viewing this thread