5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Wheel Skins

Bigtone

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 181

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures do you have any more? They seem to look great way better than the original wheels especially with all the chrome on the Laramie

Bigtone

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures do you have any more? They seem to look great way better than the original wheels especially with all the chrome on the Laramie
Yes, they do look alot better than the silver painted wheels. I was used to the chrome clad wheels my last 2 Rams had, but this time I wanted 18's

Attachments

• IMG_0369a.jpg
    IMG_0369a.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are pretty much the same as what FCA calls chrome clad. Its just another word for plastic covered. I had clad wheels on my challenger and they held up and looked good for 10 years so as much as I hate plastic it worked out fine. I just wonder if its cheaper than chroming the wheels or did they do it because they could be replaced easier?

Bigtone

Reaction score
They are very similar to the chrome clad wheels, except that you can remove the wheel skins alot easier if you need to replace one. I had chrome clad on my last 2 rams, total of about 8 years and had no issues with them. GM and other manufacturers are using chrome clad also.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never thought there would be a market for these but that's pretty cool - especially since OE wheels come painted or chrome optioned, why not just skin it for less.

looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/