5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome vs Sport Appearance

racer3207

Reaction score
I’m looking at ordering a new Laramie, and I’ve been going back and forth between Sport Appearance and Chrome Appearance (or neither). I really like the look of the Limited/Longhorn with the body colored bumpers, but still with the chrome grill surround, window trim, mirrors, etc. However a Limited or Longhorn is definitely not in the budget. I’m worried that the Chrome Appearance package will be a little too much with the chrome front/rear bumpers. I wish there was a body colored bumper package for the Laramie. Has anybody gone through this debate, and if so, which did you end up with? Has anyone changed out some trim pieces or painted their bumpers to get something in between?

Yog

Reaction score
You should be able to get rid of the chrome bumpers by adding the sport appearance package to any model. I was the same way...hate all that damned chrome they try to push on you.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
It's very possible to get the sport package then order a chrome grill, mirror caps, and window trim from the parts department after the fact.

racer3207

Reaction score
It's very possible to get the sport package then order a chrome grill, mirror caps, and window trim from the parts department after the fact.
That's what I was thinking, I think that would look the best. Heading to the dealer on Friday to discuss ordering and look at some trucks. Might price it out then and see roughly what it would cost.

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Let us know what you end up doing, I've been wanting to get the body color bumpers but leave the chrome grill.

Users who are viewing this thread