5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Power Fold Mirrors (are they factory)

Purduegranite

Reaction score
Long story short, my 19 ram (big horn) purchased in April used had issues with power fold mirror motor. Took it in for warranty work. They ordered the part, said it would be the matching chrome I have. Part comes in and they tell me it is black cover and that the chrome is aftermarket and Ram doesn't offer chrome caps or chrome power fold mirrors.

Since I am also working far too late I have searched the following to no certain proof of my own but have a strong feeling tech advisor is wrong.

Using my Vin on Ram, I confirmed grill and door handles (both chrome) were part of build. She also stated that my door handles were after market. But I can now see it is on the build sheet.

Searching Mopar parts I have found the part numbers for mirror caps, but chrome mirror caps are not listed in the Vin check, but neither are body color match or black?

Let me know your thoughts. I hate going to dealers but it was under warranty.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think I realized until now that a Big Horn / Lonestar came with black or body color mirrors, but that’s what a quick Google search is showing. Maybe yours were previously swapped out?

Hopefully, someone here will chime in with a definitive answer.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask them to pop off the chrome cap, and put it on the new mirror.

Purduegranite

Reaction score
Ask them to pop off the chrome cap, and put it on the new mirror.
So that's the thing. I was mad about potentially having a mismatch and having to deal with this after they were adamant about chrome the first time I took it in. I asked them to try to take the chrome off the old mirror. And if it was indeed a cap and black underneath then they could take it off the passenger side. I told them this around 12noon yesterday. Never got a call that the truck was done. I have a feeling that they found out it was the parts from Mopar directly and broke tabs and now don't know what to do. I'm fine having black. But both need to be black. I can live with chrome (not my favorite), as there is so much why change now.

Users who are viewing this thread