5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome inserts on door handles. Ram 1500 limited

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Is there anyway possible to take just the chrome piece off the door handle and just order new ones the color you want? Or did y’all wrap the piece with vinyl? If so did you do the lock button and the key insert? Also wondering about the tailgate chrome piece! Would appreciate to hear everyone’s story about how they did any of this. Thanks guys :)

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there anyway possible to take just the chrome piece off the door handle and just order new ones the color you want? Or did y’all wrap the piece with vinyl? If so did you do the lock button and the key insert? Also wondering about the tailgate chrome piece! Would appreciate to hear everyone’s story about how they did any of this. Thanks guys :)
Yes, and yes. I am sure if you do a search on this site there are threads about this. Sorry, I don’t have time to do the search for you.

limited_19

Reaction score

I had mine wrapped

brawler1588

Reaction score
I plasti dipped mine today
bc9a549157c78206e897e9e44bdff933.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bennekm

Reaction score
I just bought new prepainted ones on eBay...around $250 including tailgate

SACdragger

Reaction score
I removed and painted the chrome pieces on my handles. They have plastic welded pins and are glued onto the main handle body. Not too bad to remove. I paint cars for a living, so this was a much cheaper option for me Lol

asac12

Reaction score
Could someone who has swapped the door and lift gate handles please give the model numbers? My rig is PRV with passive entry and rear backup camera. Thanks!!

bennekm

Reaction score
Could someone who has swapped the door and lift gate handles please give the model numbers? My rig is PRV with passive entry and rear backup camera. Thanks!!

Check out eBay and look up listing for them by Avondale automotive and send a message to Josh who does their online orders. He will take care of you and get you what you need. There are 2 hole sizes for the back-up camera FYI...so you’ll need to work with him to figure out which one is right for your truck (limited needs the bigger hole).

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Check out eBay and look up listing for them by Avondale automotive and send a message to Josh who does their online orders. He will take care of you and get you what you need. There are 2 hole sizes for the back-up camera FYI...so you’ll need to work with him to figure out which one is right for your truck (limited needs the bigger hole).

Any clue if they sell the chrome pieces in side of the door handle? I want the color match handle with a black insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brawler1588

Reaction score
Any clue if they sell the chrome pieces in side of the door handle? I want the color match handle with a black insert.

Don't think so your best bet would be to have it wrapped in vinyl or plasti dip like mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bennekm

Reaction score

No they don’t. It will look better if you just replace the entire handle. They are $50 a piece.

Users who are viewing this thread