5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome door sills???

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I was cleaning my truck today and noticed that there was chrome door sills only on the drivers side of the truck and just black plastic on the passenger side. I know its normal for car companies to only put the nice sills on the front two doors, But to only put them on the drivers side seems weird to me. Oh and its a laramie so I would think they would be on all four doors considering it sticker'd for 57K

Attachments

• IMG_4111.JPG
    IMG_4111.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4112.JPG
    IMG_4112.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4113.JPG
    IMG_4113.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4114.JPG
    IMG_4114.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 73

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, must be a mistake. When I was looking at new Rams at the dealer one of the big horn sports had chrome door handles on one side of the truck but not the other. Obviously sports are not suppose to have chrome door handles.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I have a Laramie and have the chrome/stainless sills on all four doors.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thinking the passenger side assembly person was off sick that day.:D Kidding, so much for quality control.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today, they also thought it was funny and ordered the right ones.....but not before one of the service managers said some cars are worth more if they're mis-built. lol.

And while I was talking to the service manager I asked if the brake controllers are out and its still a no

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was cleaning my truck today and noticed that there was chrome door sills only on the drivers side of the truck and just black plastic on the passenger side. I know its normal for car companies to only put the nice sills on the front two doors, But to only put them on the drivers side seems weird to me. Oh and its a laramie so I would think they would be on all four doors considering it sticker'd for 57K
That’s insane. All four of mine are metal. I believe you got a frankenbuild... :D

Users who are viewing this thread