5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Delete - Removing Door Panels and Mirrors

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
In the process of removing the chrome window trim on my Limited. I found the PDF here on removing the belt line chrome, but after inspecting the replacement black window trim I will need to remove the exterior mirrors, which requires removing the door panel and upper panel that goes around the window. Can anyone post the Mopar instructions to remove the door panel, upper interior trim surround and mirror? The instructions I found on YouTube are worthless unless I want to start replacing all the clips I break.

NCGatorRam

Reaction score

This youtube video has a guy switching out drivers side mirror assembly, shows door panel and inner window trim removal. I removed door panel on 4th gen several times. It's not hard just be careful of removing clips, access panels and electrical connections so you don't damage them. I think there are 2 10MM nuts you need to remove for door.

baf3472

Reaction score
In the process of removing the chrome window trim on my Limited. I found the PDF here on removing the belt line chrome, but after inspecting the replacement black window trim I will need to remove the exterior mirrors, which requires removing the door panel and upper panel that goes around the window. Can anyone post the Mopar instructions to remove the door panel, upper interior trim surround and mirror? The instructions I found on YouTube are worthless unless I want to start replacing all the clips I break.
From what I've been able to figure out getting some info from someone who has done it. The bottom pieces come out first, the rest of the pieces are held on with clips and double sided tape. You have to pull and wiggle till they pop out. The mirrors have to be removed to take off the front bottom corner piece.

Users who are viewing this thread