5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chriping/Creaking sounds coming from drive side wheel

mbarnes536

Reaction score
I finally got my 2020 Limited into the dealership today to have them check out an issue I am having. When pressing the brake pedal I am hearing a chirping/creaking sound coming from the drive side wheel well. It happens when I first press the brake pedal in and then it happens again when I let off the brake pedal and start moving again. It also happens when the brake pedal is push in and I turn the wheel. My Dad also have a 2020 limited and when he picked me up coincidentally enough his was doing it also. Has anyone else had this issue?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think a few of us have this, mine was louder when new and also made the noise over bumps. Now its barely there under braking, and only hear it in my garage . Brakes work great so I've learned to ignore it

mbarnes536

Reaction score
I just got my truck back. They told me the ball joint was dry and they had to order a new upper control arm.

mbarnes536

Reaction score
Here is a video I took of the noise it is making. Let me know what you all think.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
Here is a video I took of the noise it is making. Let me know what you all think.

Hmm. Mine has made that sound since new (November ‘19). I really only notice it when creeping through a drive thru. Are u applying the brakes when it makes that sound?

mbarnes536

Reaction score
Yes, but if I hold the brakes the sound does not continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarnes536

Reaction score
I dropped my truck off yesterday, Wednesday, to get the upper control arm replaced and I just got it back today, Thursday. They said it was fix. I didn't even get off the lot and it started doing it again. I turned around and had the guy come out so I could show him again. He had another person come out to take a look. They don't have a clue on what is going on. They are going to contact Chrysler tomorrow morning and see.

mbarnes536

Reaction score
Update:
I dropped my truck off yesterday morning. They are going to be working with Ram directly on troubleshooting steps.

mbarnes536

Reaction score
I got my truck back yesterday, they claim they have fixed the problem. They found the noise to be coming from the brake hardware.
So far there is no noise.

Cause correction from my work order: "Remove l/f brake pads and hardware and greased metal on metal spots of movement."

Users who are viewing this thread