5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choosing Best Tonneau Cover

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
Just installed my Lomax on my limited. Very happy with the look. Super easy install by myself, took about 20 minutes.
View attachment 30172

Question for all lomax owners. Just installed mine on Friday. Im getting good amount water in right here. Any type of filler we can put. Some type of seal.

2936c89f682d9a969f06d40ac8336610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barakutha

Reaction score
Finally settled on the MX4. Ordered Friday, shipped today, should be here Wednesday

chad202

Reaction score
Question for all lomax owners. Just installed mine on Friday. Im getting good amount water in right here. Any type of filler we can put. Some type of seal.

2936c89f682d9a969f06d40ac8336610.jpg

Look on pages 16 and 17 of this post. Page 16 I have a picture of the rail but you can see the seal I used and where I put it for the problem you have. I started the seal right under the rail and went down the pillar and about 3-4" on the bottom. Pg 17 is the exact seal I ordered.

db682

Reaction score
I went with the Roll-N-Lock, which I’m pretty pleased with. (Pro Tip: The RAMbox model is on page 2!). I didn’t realize that they would have to remove the tie-down rail system in order to install it. (These will probably end up in the ‘for sale’ section) I like the clean look and it is completely silent. I think I will be getting the bed divider that works with it.
Can you post some photos of the Roll-N-Lock on your truck. I've got Ramboxes as well and have been really eyeballing one. I emailed Roll-N-Lock directly and asked for photos of it on 2019 Rams with Ramboxs and they replied back that all they had was the install instructions and attached it to the email.

jonnyt

Reaction score
I just my lowmax delivered today. We will see if I can do a 20-30 min install...otherwise tomorrow

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in Canada. I ordered mine from autoeq.ca. they had the best prices

19ramsport

Reaction score
I have a Bak Roll-X on my 2014 Sierra, I guess it is like Revolver X2 now. Anyways, 5 years of use and vinyl is pretty faded and starting to crack in 2 places along the seams of the underlying metal slats.

I'm considering the Truxedo Pro X15 for my new truck. Sounds like it is working out good so far?

19ramsport

Reaction score

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Bak Roll-X on my 2014 Sierra, I guess it is like Revolver X2 now. Anyways, 5 years of use and vinyl is pretty faded and starting to crack in 2 places along the seams of the underlying metal slats.

I'm considering the Truxedo Pro X15 for my new truck. Sounds like it is working out good so far?

Just curious: What did you do during the time you had the Roll-X to maintain/protect it?

I just got a Revolver X4. The Bak site says to use 303 Aerospace Protectant on it once a month or so. I already got a bottle and gave it its first coat.

I'm just wondering if yours faded and cracked despite hitting it with 303 (or ArmorAll or something) on a regular basis. Or, did you never do anything to it like that? Or somewhere in between.

I am seriously NOT trying to make you feel bad or make it sound like you didn't take of your stuff! Please don't take offense! I'm just trying to get some idea of what to expect with mine based on the experience you've had with yours.

19ramsport

Reaction score
Just curious: What did you do during the time you had the Roll-X to maintain/protect it?

Just some basic vinyl dressing every month or 2, but nothing special like the 303 stuff. Around 15 years ago I tried a RollnLock cover and after 3 years the vinyl top on it was really faded too. I live near Pittsburgh PA so it's not like we have scorching sun all the time.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just some basic vinyl dressing every month or 2, but nothing special like the 303 stuff. Around 15 years ago I tried a RollnLock cover and after 3 years the vinyl top on it was really faded too. I live near Pittsburgh PA so it's not like we have scorching sun all the time.

That is a bit disappointing, for sure. My Revolver is my first "fabric" bed cover. But, the X4 is not plain vinyl. It SEEMS more heavy duty.... Hopefully, with a little care it will hold up better than your vinyl did. If it's getting cracks after 5 years, it will probably be my last vinyl cover. I had the BakFlip G2 before. I had it for 10 years and it was a little faded on top, but no worse than the rest of the truck. And it still worked exactly the same as when it was new.

19ramsport

Reaction score
That is a bit disappointing, for sure. My Revolver is my first "fabric" bed cover. But, the X4 is not plain vinyl. It SEEMS more heavy duty.... Hopefully, with a little care it will hold up better than your vinyl did. If it's getting cracks after 5 years, it will probably be my last vinyl cover. I had the BakFlip G2 before. I had it for 10 years and it was a little faded on top, but no worse than the rest of the truck. And it still worked exactly the same as when it was new.

Right, the X4 seems like different material so it should hold up better. I had a Bakflip HD on my 2009 Ford truck. The first one leaked immediately through the folding seams, and they sent me a replacement for free. Had the second one for 4 years and it held up fine and didn't leak. But I didn't like blocking the rear window when folded so I tried the Roll-X on my 2014 GM truck. Now here I am trying to decide on a cover again for my 2019 truck.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right, the X4 seems like different material so it should hold up better. I had a Bakflip HD on my 2009 Ford truck. The first one leaked immediately through the folding seams, and they sent me a replacement for free. Had the second one for 4 years and it held up fine and didn't leak. But I didn't like blocking the rear window when folded so I tried the Roll-X on my 2014 GM truck. Now here I am trying to decide on a cover again for my 2019 truck.

Yup. I didn't like blocking my back window, either. And, even though they SAY it doesn't take up any room in the bed, it still prevented me from rolling my motorcycle into the bed. The front wheel would hit the BakFlip before it hit the front wall of the bed. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping the Revolver will let me fit a bike in.

I've had a couple of Retrax roll-ups on previous trucks, but I'm no longer willing to give up that much room in the back. Not with covers like the Revolver out now.

jnk27

Reaction score
Each side is about 7" long and I used a 1" piece behind the tailgate bumper so the tailgate falls went I active remote release.
e7dff6dedbf7a34e1884f18230a1071a.jpg
c14f2fabac346fe0bed7bc06da1ec1a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread