5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirping sound while turning

Adamczyk92

Reaction score
Has anyone ever have this issue? I can’t figure it out at all. After driving for 20ish minutes the truck makes this repetitive squeak/chirp mainly when turning right and between 5-35 mph. I’ve looked at brakes and rotors and shields since it only happens when tires are rotating and seen no sign of wear or scraping. Also noise completely stops once brake pressure is applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I had a similar experience about a year or two ago. I isolated it to my brake caliper clips on the lower part of the calipers. I read about it on these forums. I used silicone bicycle stanchion spray on them until I was able to get it into the dealer and they replaced all my calipers and pads under warranty. Haven't heard the sound since.

Difference from you is mine did it immediately and mostly on any bump in the road. Some on here have denied my diagnosis but I lived it and fixed it.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever have this issue? I can’t figure it out at all. After driving for 20ish minutes the truck makes this repetitive squeak/chirp mainly when turning right and between 5-35 mph. I’ve looked at brakes and rotors and shields since it only happens when tires are rotating and seen no sign of wear or scraping. Also noise completely stops once brake pressure is applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure you're not accidentally in 4WD high?

Adamczyk92

Reaction score
I had a similar experience about a year or two ago. I isolated it to my brake caliper clips on the lower part of the calipers. I read about it on these forums. I used silicone bicycle stanchion spray on them until I was able to get it into the dealer and they replaced all my calipers and pads under warranty. Haven't heard the sound since.

Difference from you is mine did it immediately and mostly on any bump in the road. Some on here have denied my diagnosis but I lived it and fixed it.
I’ll have to take a look at the clips, the only other things I’m thinking is that maybe one of the pads are glazed and after the pads and rotors are heating up their expanding and slightly rubbing causing the squeak. The trucks a 2020 and only had 19k when I bought it so I’m thinking it sat for a while and maybe the calipers need to be replaced.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haha! He saves gas in a Ram! Ha!

Just kidding. I was just in a forum about lockers and limited slip rears. You don't have LSD rear that you recently changed fluid in do you? Just asking because lack of friction modifier can make the clutch pack stick and the tires slip on turns. Spitballing an idea out there.

Adamczyk92

Reaction score
Haha! He saves gas in a Ram! Ha!

Just kidding. I was just in a forum about lockers and limited slip rears. You don't have LSD rear that you recently changed fluid in do you? Just asking because lack of friction modifier can make the clutch pack stick and the tires slip on turns. Spitballing an idea out there.
I have not change any diff fluid in it yet, I’m almost positive it’s something with one of the wheels on the passenger side. Haven’t had time to dive deep into taking apart the caliper and greasing everything, I plan on doing the brakes anyways after I get new tires on Saturday so hopefully I find out the problem lol

I have to drive 130 miles round trip everyday so I’m sparing as much gas as I can for now 😂

Users who are viewing this thread