5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirp/Squeak Noise

Redrik

Reaction score
I too am having the same issue. When I press and release the brake it chirps both ways from the front driver. I had the advisor stand next to the truck and heard it. They told me it was the brake booster and they didn’t have a timeline for the part to be delivered. 3 weeks later they got it in. I brought the truck in first thing in the am and 30 minutes before they closed they told me the part they got was broke and my truck was still tore apart. So they got a new one in and that wasn’t the issue. Now it’s the brake master. Part is 7-10 day delivery. Sure.
got my truck back two weeks later and as soon as I backed into the garage I heard it chirp again just the same as before.

Iluvbitsie

Reaction score
I too am having the same issue. When I press and release the brake it chirps both ways from the front driver. I had the advisor stand next to the truck and heard it. They told me it was the brake booster and they didn’t have a timeline for the part to be delivered. 3 weeks later they got it in. I brought the truck in first thing in the am and 30 minutes before they closed they told me the part they got was broke and my truck was still tore apart. So they got a new one in and that wasn’t the issue. Now it’s the brake master. Part is 7-10 day delivery. Sure.
got my truck back two weeks later and as soon as I backed into the garage I heard it chirp again just the same as before.
Hi. Im having same sound when backing. Where did you go to have it looked at? Thanks

ahallag88

Reaction score
I have the same sound on my truck. Has anyone found an actual answer? I even rode in the bed while my wife drove down the street trying to find the noise. It is definitely worse if I am turning right and hit a bump. It seems to have gotten worse the last couple weeks.

dktek

Reaction score
I have another post about a squeak/chirp that was on my 2022 RAM I just purchased. Reading some of the posts in this thread. I hope this helps some. It was found to be the anti-rattle clips on the brake pads and calipers. They replaced a few suspension components before I kept pressing them to check these clips. They finally did and they were not aligned correctly. So far for the last couple of days it hasn't chirped and I've gone over bumps that I could consistently go over to make the chirp/squeak happen.

Redrik

Reaction score
I have an update to mine. I took it to a different dealer and they brought out the tech and I let them hear it.
They had another truck that had the service bulletin that they did the grease on the anti rattle clips like you said. They had to order the grease and I went back and had them greased. The noise went away for about a year and it’s slowly making its way back.
I’m curious if it’s going to come back when it gets cold again because we had a week where it cooled down and I heard it but I haven’t heard it recently.

Users who are viewing this thread