5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chips in chrome bumpers rusting

Vilas15

Reaction score
My dad's got chrome bumpers on his 2019 Laramie. There's one decent scratch/dent on the front and a few small rock chips on the rear behind the wheels, all rusting. Seems relatively fast for a relatively new truck. Anyone else have this issue?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't had chrome bumpers for a few trucks now but the positive of them was they didn't get rock chips or scratches, maybe they have gone to a cheaper chrome these days.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have chrome bumpers here in AZ and we have a ton of rocks flying here on the roads. I don't have any dents or chips...
40K miles, 15 months.

Rupp

Reaction score
My dad's got chrome bumpers on his 2019 Laramie. There's one decent scratch/dent on the front and a few small rock chips on the rear behind the wheels, all rusting. Seems relatively fast for a relatively new truck. Anyone else have this issue?
Where do you live? In the north where they salt everything will rust :)

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
29,500 + miles on mine. I don't think I have chip #1 in my bumpers. Plenty of interstate runs between Florida and Michigan. My windshield is now starting to get a sandblasted look to it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
29,500 + miles on mine. I don't think I have chip #1 in my bumpers. Plenty of interstate runs between Florida and Michigan. My windshield is now starting to get a sandblasted look to it.

If you doing alot highway, you should install the Bug deflector if you didn't have one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread