5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chipped window

DO82

Reaction score
So last week I noticed my rear window is chipped when I installed my window visors. Doesn’t seem to be an issue but I don’t want to become one. You think I should bring the truck in for a replacement window or just let it go.
0ece38eb2cf8b556756577494627134b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of looks like there are a few little cracks around it. I would get it looked at and make sure the cracks don't spread. My luck would be that it would fail during a blizzard. 🥶

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bring it in.

1. It may get worse. It won't get better.

2. Some little kid in your back seat is going to run his hand along that piece of glass. His finger will heal, but your truck will forever be stained by his blood. ;)

3. That little kid? Yeah, it'll be your neighbor's boy. Damn, that's gonna change the ol' neighborhood dynamic.

4. That new puppy your wife/girlfriend/whatever wants and you get for her birthday? It'll hang it's head outside the window sniffing the air. And you thought that kid's finger caused issues?

5. When the police are called to the scene (because of the bloody puppy's neck and how your wife/girlfriend/whatever freaked out and stopped traffic trying to deal with the injury), he'll come up to your door and rest his hand on that glass...and when he tases you, you'll at least forget about how hurting the puppy damaged your relationship with the wife/girlfriend.

I could go on...but you get it. :)

DO82

Reaction score
Lmao!! I think they knew about when it was manufactured bc the window has been sanded to prevent such an outcome that you so kindly stated.

I’ll bring it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread