5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chip shortage hits Ram 1500 truck production in Sterling Heights again

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
So this all leads us to the question:

If you were offered 33% more for your new Ram than you paid for it, would you sell it, knowing that you might have to wait over a year to buy another one as well-equipped as the one you have now?

We might soon find ourselves living in that world. Just something to think about. 🤔

dwalme

Reaction score
It's not all bad.

Sold my Big Horn and bought a Laramie and with the upside on the Big Horn the Laramie is going to cost me less to own than the Big Horn.

Stock is limited though. You might get lucky or you might not.

Knight.

Reaction score

If you were offered 33% more for your new Ram than you paid for it, would you sell it, knowing that you might have to wait over a year to buy another one as well-equipped as the one you have now?

We might soon find ourselves living in that world. Just something to think about. 🤔
If I could trade in my Bighorn and can get a Limited plus come out ahead financially, I’d do it lol. This time I’d get a crew cab instead of the quad.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes, just did that with one i ordered in april. But did not clear 33%, not even close. So now waiting on a 2022

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hell yes I'd sell my 3 month old Limited for 33% more than what I paid for it. It's just a truck. I have other vehicles I can drive if needed. Just not as nice as the Limited.

Last edited:

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score

I would if the math worked that way, but the problem is the market probably wont let it happen to that extreme. I see your point though

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Semiconductor Shortage Idles Four Stellantis North America Assembly Plants:​

Sterling Heights Goes Idle For The Week...​

1630530195918.png

The global semiconductor shortage has dealt another huge blow to Stellantis, with the automaker announcing new production issues. Semiconductors are the backbone of today’s automotive industry, controlling electronic features like driver-assist technologies, hybrid-electric systems, and even infotainment connectivity. This time, the shortage is affecting production for several of the company’s most popular vehicles in North America.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d sell my 2021 Laramie with only 4500 miles in excellent condition to anyone for 33% over what I have in it. It stickers at $65,000, I have about $55,000 in it! So 33% of 55,000 is like $18,000. I’d sell it to anyone right now for $72,000 write the check and it’s all yours😁

Users who are viewing this thread