5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chip shortage at plant

D-dub

Reaction score
It's official. We now have officially got hit with the chip shortage. SHAP will officially be down for 2 weeks. Starting July 12th thru July 25th. Just giving you guys updated info. If I hear anything more I'll let ya know. đź‘Ť

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I'm guessing he works there.... maybe union?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how you acquired that?
Google “UAW 1700” and follow the link to their Facebook page.
I'm guessing he works there. The OP profile says skilled trades for chrysler, so I'm guessing that's how he found out too

Lol, I don’t work there. I’m a construction guy. I build high rises.

D-dub

Reaction score
Isn't it changeover anyways?

Under normal circumstances....yes. However, being the plant is down so many trucks and now with the chip shortage now hitting us, this isn't normal circumstances. I doubt much is changing with regards to the truck.

D-dub

Reaction score

Ok you found that on their FB page. đź‘Ť. Moose, yes I work for FCA skilled trades at the plant. I was wondering if Eighty was a employee here as well.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
What skilled trade are you in if you don't mind me asking

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RE: Why is there a shortage of computer chips

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 05304463 miles.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hold up...what chip shortage?
I assume you're joking, but just in case...

The global one affecting most high technology industries but in particular the automotive industry. Drive by a dealership lot lately? Most of them are barren or devoid of new cars/trucks. It's also why used car prices are going through the roof and dealers aren't having much issue selling vehicles selling over MSRP.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LOOK!!! UP IN THE SKY!!!! IT'S---SUPER CONSTRUCTION MAN!!! Sorry. Old alzheimer's patient, and I just had to do that.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
"The Chip Shortage is Getting Worse" - Vox.com Aug 5, 2021

Whole article here:

Starting next week, General Motors is again halting the assembly lines of several pickup truck plants because the company doesn’t have enough computer chips. The plants had been back up and running for just a week following a shutdown in July, which was also caused by the chip shortage.

These production halts may not stop anytime soon. “I do think we’ll continue to see impact this year, and it will have a tail into next year,” warned CEO Mary Barra on Wednesday. And Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger similarly predicted last month that things won’t get back to normal for at least a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread