5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicago P.D. Truck With Flat Paint Job

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I’m still researching which Ram Truck to buy with what options I want or don’t want. So.........like many of you I’ve built many variations of models of Rams on the Ram Trucks website. But I don’t find any option on any Ram model that offers a “Flat Paint” option. I have watched the TV show Chicago P.D. (Wednesday nights) and they have a Ram truck with flat paint on the show. I have attached screen shots of the truck below. It appears that based on the grill design, it is a Limited model. Does this paint option really exist now or in the future? Thoughts of glossy vs flat paint and how it would hold up? Thanks!!! 5A8A1EF0-BA72-49B0-913B-D7D958EC8A43.png 2CBD09E3-5151-41D8-94CD-983D5353CA46.png BC118148-A110-491B-897D-6E14B6C8231A.png

AbitaPro

Reaction score
That’s probably a vinyl wrap. Looks great though.
I just had a friend get his F250 wrapped Red from White, came out nice , cost $2250, for the complete truck wrap.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I wish they would offer some of the flat colors you see on the Chargers/Challengers.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Can anyone connected to a dealership weigh in on this being a possible option in 2020?

KidCutti

Reaction score
Only costs a few grand to get a good wrap done...
I’m still researching which Ram Truck to buy with what options I want or don’t want. So.........like many of you I’ve built many variations of models of Rams on the Ram Trucks website. But I don’t find any option on any Ram model that offers a “Flat Paint” option. I have watched the TV show Chicago P.D. (Wednesday nights) and they have a Ram truck with flat paint on the show. I have attached screen shots of the truck below. It appears that based on the grill design, it is a Limited model. Does this paint option really exist now or in the future? Thoughts of glossy vs flat paint and how it would hold up? Thanks!!! View attachment 37108 View attachment 37109 View attachment 37110

KidCutti

Reaction score
Looks like anthracite grey plasti dip. Done right looks really nice. A local Seattle shop quotes only $1500 for a full truck wrap with plasti dip.

bennekm

Reaction score
Flat paints scratch too easily and can’t really be touched up (talk to any Harley owner with matte finish on their tank and what it looks like after a year of riding)....doubtful until they can address this you will see flat paints on mainstream cars.

Hammer75

Reaction score
you could think about an anodized paint in dark grey (they did this to a few Cannondale bikes in the early 2000s. I have one and looks great) or use something like LineX. Saw one truck done this way and it looked amazing.

Intheharbor70

Reaction score
I’m still researching which Ram Truck to buy with what options I want or don’t want. So.........like many of you I’ve built many variations of models of Rams on the Ram Trucks website. But I don’t find any option on any Ram model that offers a “Flat Paint” option. I have watched the TV show Chicago P.D. (Wednesday nights) and they have a Ram truck with flat paint on the show. I have attached screen shots of the truck below. It appears that based on the grill design, it is a Limited model. Does this paint option really exist now or in the future? Thoughts of glossy vs flat paint and how it would hold up? Thanks!!! View attachment 37108 View attachment 37109 View attachment 37110
That truck was wrapped Flat Black as was the Escalade that Hank drove.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a '77 Impala that was well on it's way to a flat paint look after a year of owning it. Worse paint I've ever had on a vehicle.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044824 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread