5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Silverado And GMC Sierra Sales Halted Because Their Roofs Are Splitting Apart

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
JD power award inc for best repair in class
Dealers have been instructed to remove the molding on the roof to inspect for cracks, and if they find a crack, GM’s fix for the problem is to drill holes at each end of the crack to prevent it from spreading, then weld it up and send owners on their way.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch.. and we think Ram are bad lol yeah they all have their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scott511

Reaction score
JD power award inc for best repair in class
Dealers have been instructed to remove the molding on the roof to inspect for cracks, and if they find a crack, GM’s fix for the problem is to drill holes at each end of the crack to prevent it from spreading, then weld it up and send owners on their way.
Dang, the ol' stop drill

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lets keep this in perspective, it effects only a few thousand trucks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's keep this in perspective. Ram says the leaking rear window only effects 19-21 model years, but there are 22-23 owners reporting leaks. So does it really only effect a "few thousand" trucks? I meanz I guess they know how many they have built, and since they have stopped production, there hasn't been a "fix" to prevent it from happening yet

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Means they only got caught with a few thousand trucks haha. They are hoping the others last until warranty expires and they need a new roof, what an odd thing to need replaced on a truck from a manufacturer defect.

It just tells them to look for cracks, cover up the damage and sell it. Whatever is causing the cracks was never addressed. Is this a new safety test when each truck gets thrown on its back and see which ones break?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Means they only got caught with a few thousand trucks haha.

I don't think so, all kinds of recalls affect only very specific vehicles due to very specific reasons. This isn't some widespread issue as far as I can see. TFL did a video on it as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread