5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Guy Goes Ram

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ex Chevy guy here too. I bought new Silverado’s in 1993, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2006 and finally 2008. Bought my first RAM Laramie in 2013 and never looked back. Best trucks on the road with a perfect combination of styling, power and luxury all in one. Hard combination to beat.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Is one louder then the other or is it just a different sound all together?
Definitely a different sound altogether and the cold starts, while aggressive, aren't quite as aggressive as Borla.
Just curious, how did the Charger PPVs work out for your users? California Highway Patrol switched from Explorers to Chargers a couple of years ago (nearly all of them naturally-aspirated 3.6 L V6 engines - a handful of 5.7 L models), they look great and I haven't heard anything bad about the Chargers here. But the CHPs are a bit overly-proud of themselves, and they carry so much radio gear that they claim they can't make the Chargers work (waaah!) so CA is in-process rolling out pursuit Chevy Tahoe SUVs. The Tahoes are definitely better looking than the Explorers, but those Chargers just look much more bad-a$$ than any of the SUVs, like a police car ought to look. Anyhow, what was your fleet experience with the Charger PPVs?
Ours guys love them! They're very reliable and handle incredibly well for being so heavy. But with all the equipment officers carry these days, they are starting to make the transition to Durango/Explorer. We have a few Tahoe and that's everyone's favorite - they're just so much slower and not nearly as nimble. The Durango is the best bang for the buck at the moment and is still available with a simple V8.

Users who are viewing this thread