5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Diesel Gets 33 MPG

saxapl

Reaction score
Yea I saw GM said that but I think it was just an excuse not to spend money to redo the interior. It's enough to please the Chevy Faithful, but they aren't winning over any new converts like Ram is.

I agree. Everyone cuts corners on a redesign where they think they can. Ram pretty much left the power train alone in their gas. Sure they may have tacked on a small hybridish motor, but it is pretty unimpressive.

Chevy left their interior mostly alone. I actually think they were caught with their pants down. When the new Ram was released, the actual interior blew away any of the rumors. I think Chevy thought they did good enough to keep up with the Jones and it was too late to swing for the fence when Ram came out.

Besides, Ford has the #1 truck for years and their interior looks like it did in 1999 minus a few computer screens. So, to many people, the interior must not be a critical thing. It will be interesting what Ford does now as they are up to bat next with a redesign.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Next year around this time things will get interesting. GM twins will get a refresh and new interior the latest out of the GM camp is that the T1XX was pushed out ahead of schedule to try and compete with the new Ram but they obviously failed to compete with the abysmal interior. The F150 will get a major refresh so I would expect significant interior upgrades there as well. The Tundra is also do for a redesign or major refresh so expect the Tundra to have updated interior that looks like it's from the early 2000s. Did you guys know Nissan makes a full size truck? Lol not sure anyone cares what's going on there. One thing Ram did for sure was force the other FS trucks into stepping up their design, powertrain wise they are still lagging behind GM and Ford. Ram better have something waiting in the wings because competition is going to get stiffer in another year and they wont be able to rely on what put them out ahead for 2019 any longer. Where I live Chevys are probably the #1 truck for sales despite the horrendous interiors with the F150 being a close second, quite a few Tundras too compared to what I see in other places when I travel.

Last edited:

EZ Life

Reaction score
Let's keep it honest here; the RAM's shifter knob can easily be mistaken for the AC control or Volume knob and vice versa. My brother has dropped my truck in park (while still rolling slightly) attempting to go from reverse to drive. Very intuitive Ram shifter, eh? And I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to turn on the lights in my truck/cars in the last 10 years, the switch stays in "auto" and they just come on as needed. But shifting, I do that multiple times a day. I'd take GM's lever shifter and 4x4 switch 100 times more quickly than the equivalent setup in Ram.

The GM styling is simple, but effective. It uses more "plasticy" parts, but the upshot is it's more durable than my Ram.
Well, there’s an a$$ for every seat. Enjoy your plastic! :D

EZ Life

Reaction score
Next year around this time things will get interesting. GM twins will get a refresh and new interior the latest out of the GM camp is that the T1XX was pushed out ahead of schedule to try and compete with the new Ram but they obviously failed to compete with the abysmal interior. The F150 will get a major refresh so I would expect significant interior upgrades there as well. The Tundra is also do for a redesign or major refresh so expect the Tundra to have updated interior that looks like it's from the early 2000s. Did you guys know Nissan makes a full size truck? Lol not sure anyone cares what's going on there. One thing Ram did for sure was force the other FS trucks into stepping up their design, powertrain wise they are still lagging behind GM and Ford. Ram better have something waiting in the wings because competition is going to get stiffer in another year and they wont be able to rely on what put them out ahead for 2019 any longer. Where I live Chevys are probably the #1 truck for sales despite the horrendous interiors with the F150 being a close second, quite a few Tundras too compared to what I see in other places when I travel.
A GM “refresh” in under 2 years? Wow, they must really be taking a beating on sales. Maybe they’ll add MORE plastic for the diehard fanboys, so they feel they’re getting their $$ worth. :D

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A GM “refresh” in under 2 years? Wow, they must really be taking a beating on sales. Maybe they’ll add MORE plastic for the diehard fanboys, so they feel they’re getting their $$ worth. :D
Out of curiosity today, after seeing the new chevy 2500 HD displayed front and center in the local lot, I reached out to a sales guy friend I know and he let me check out the interior. I'll I can say it is a million dollar exterior with a $2 interior, lol. I have no regrets...

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah its not uncommon for GM to tweak and change front ends grills bumpers and headlights even after just a few years into a new model but major interior change is not so common. The last one I recall was from 94-95 when they went from the boxy square dash to the rounded design. The consumer has just been very vocal about the new interiors, plenty of fan boys defend it though. It'll be interesting to see what they actually come up with, the F-150 doesn't have a very impressive interior either in my opinion but it doesn't get bashed like the GM twins.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, there’s an a$$ for every seat. Enjoy your plastic! :D

Enjoy your fangirl glasses, they look good on you. I don't even think you read the part where I said I own a ram. :unsure:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guess I hit a nerve, eh Sallye?
I call a spade a spade, and you fit the definition; unable to find pros in a different brand, and unwilling to find cons in "the chosen brand".

Users who are viewing this thread