5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Diesel Gets 33 MPG

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Tundralag

Reaction score
but its a chevy.. does it really matter how many MPG it gets.. Lets give this a hot minute and see what real life numbers are.. before we all sell our Rams.. lol..

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but its a chevy.. does it really matter how many MPG it gets.. Lets give this a hot minute and see what real life numbers are.. before we all sell our Rams.. lol..

I originally wanted the DT with diesel. If it had been available at launch that's what I'd be driving. The new Ram is so compelling it forced me to order a Hemi and I'm still smiling.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Ram hit half of its initial claim that the revised diesel would be the most powerful, I wonder if they'll still hit the claim of most efficient after this news?

Either way, unless the 2020 ecodiesel is a turkey, I'm still likely to get one when my current lease is up in 2021.

EZ Life

Reaction score
Having to deal with ram and bmw diesels over the long haul, I’ll never own another diesel UNTIL they’ve found a solution for emission equipment lasting and quit requiring DEF.

EZ Life

Reaction score
I actually thought the exterior was great. Thought they were going to give Ram a run for their money with a new trick. Then someone opened the door and we saw they forgot to put a new truck on the inside.
Funny you say that, after cross shopping the rebel with Chevy’s equivalent, I laughed out loud at the salesman when he opened the door on the Chevy. Didn’t mean to, but the interior literally surprised me with it’s bland, plastic, unintuitive design. Wonder how many people have accidentally put the truck into 4wd whilst trying to turn on the lights?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
The only color I cant stand on the new chevys is all black. No chrome anywhere. Then it looks decent.

saxapl

Reaction score
Funny you say that, after cross shopping the rebel with Chevy’s equivalent, I laughed out loud at the salesman when he opened the door on the Chevy. Didn’t mean to, but the interior literally surprised me with it’s bland, plastic, unintuitive design. Wonder how many people have accidentally put the truck into 4wd whilst trying to turn on the lights?
Yeah, coming from a GM family with a GM salesman in the family, I had to cross shop too. I was looking at a Chevy 3/4 first, but could not get the deal I wanted. That interior did not bother me because it was the old body style so a dated interior comes with the territory. However when I looked at the new 1/2 ton, I was immediately turned off by the fact that the brand new design had an interior that looked worse than the old truck. I know the outside is polarizing, but I like it. Just let down by the interior and utter lack of technology.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The exterior of the new chevy doesn’t bother me that much other than the rear of the roof, and the strange placement of the side mirrors. The interior is another story. Very underwhelming and just plain “old” looking, like something out of the early 2000s.

Just can’t even come close to the styling and comfort of the RAM. Makes love my choice of truck that much more...

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Let's keep it honest here; the RAM's shifter knob can easily be mistaken for the AC control or Volume knob and vice versa. My brother has dropped my truck in park (while still rolling slightly) attempting to go from reverse to drive. Very intuitive Ram shifter, eh? And I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to turn on the lights in my truck/cars in the last 10 years, the switch stays in "auto" and they just come on as needed. But shifting, I do that multiple times a day. I'd take GM's lever shifter and 4x4 switch 100 times more quickly than the equivalent setup in Ram.

The GM styling is simple, but effective. It uses more "plasticy" parts, but the upshot is it's more durable than my Ram.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Silverado 2wd = 23 city / 33 hwy
Sierra 2wd = 23 city / 30 hwy
Silverado 4wd = 23 city / 30 hwy

Will be interesting what Fuelly results are.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the look of the new Silverado especially in the Trail Boss or RST trims without much chrome, its the interior that kills it for me though. The Duramax looks to be a good motor built specifically for a half ton truck. The motor Ford uses is an older design that went into Jaguar's and Land Rovers.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For everyone talking about Interior, they said they took a poll about interiors with the 17-18 owners and everyone liked it so they just didn’t change it much because no one had any negatives. And now everyone is complaining that’s too similar lol. The irony. Don’t get me wrong, it’s trash but it’s funny. You can’t please anyone.

The mpg numbers are legit. My old ecodiesel could do about 30-31 (2wd 3.55s) at 55-58. This was in Florida at sea level on flat roads. 26ish on the highway, and 21ish in town. Good numbers but now the 2.7 ecoboost can get close to that, cost less, no diesel drama, and will blow the doors off any of these diesel 1500s. Seems like a better buy, cost/mpg wise. Having owned both, I do prefer driving the ecodiesel though. The ford just doesn’t do it for me.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For everyone talking about Interior, they said they took a poll about interiors with the 17-18 owners and everyone liked it so they just didn’t change it much because no one had any negatives. And now everyone is complaining that’s too similar lol. The irony. Don’t get me wrong, it’s trash but it’s funny. You can’t please anyone.

Yea I saw GM said that but I think it was just an excuse not to spend money to redo the interior. It's enough to please the Chevy Faithful, but they aren't winning over any new converts like Ram is.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yea I saw GM said that but I think it was just an excuse not to spend money to redo the interior. It's enough to please the Chevy Faithful, but they aren't winning over any new converts like Ram is.
^^^ This. ^^^ That's just a BS damage-control excuse by GM. No one would have said to keep it the same, as the prior model was just as awful...

Users who are viewing this thread