5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light on

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'll try that first. Just started the truck and the AGS did not cycle. Are they supposed to? Also, remote start only works for a few seconds, then the truck turns off. The screen says remote start disabled. Not sure if a CEL will cause that.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if they cycle, but I know after driving your truck to temp, then shut it off, the shutter remains open, then when restarting then upon cold start, they will close until a certain temp threshold is achieved, then they open up again.
Yes, a CEL will cause that, and also when your low fuel light is on.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ah ok. The shutters are just open right now. I parked it 4 hours ago. I haven't seen them close. Should I be able to move them by hand? Thanks

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably so, get someone to start it while you are in front watching them, they should close on a cold start.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Had my buddy start the truck, no movement from the AGS at all. Gonna try and test the Active air dam after while and see if that still works.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know from reading the other thread concerning the U11E9 code that the AAD and AGS are somehow connected, if you are getting a CEL for the AAD, the shutters may not work...just a guess on my part.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading elsewhere, the AGS is behind the grill, not part of the 3pc assembly, and are indeed electrically powered and motor driven. Just wanted you to have that info and correct myself from the earlier post.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
After reading elsewhere, the AGS is behind the grill, not part of the 3pc assembly, and are indeed electrically powered and motor driven. Just wanted you to have that info and correct myself from the earlier post.
Thank you sir

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just went ride around and had my buddy follow me in my truck. we talked on the phone and he would tell me when he got above 35mph. I never actually saw the air dam deploy (it was kind of hard to see). I got back and disconnected the Air dam connector, tape and tied it up out of the way. Then had oreilly's clear the CEL.

If the CEL comes back, i guess that would mean something with the AGS.

WYT?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, i would think so, but have seen way more AAD issues versus AGS issues as far as failure. The code seems to be because of the AAD failure when the ppl that got it figure things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Drove 30 miles still no CEL. Not sure how long it would take. But 🙏🏻🤞🏻

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did a remote cold start this morning, and watched the AGS. They closed and opened like normal (self test). AAD still disconnected

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Has anyone who removed their active air dam then got a code, been able to clear the code?

I had to remove my AAD to fit my plow mount but now I'm getting a CEL. Dealer said the only option is to reinstall the AAD.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I removed mine and had O'reilly clear the code. My old code reader wouldnt clear it. Hasn't come back since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/