5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light after jump starting

rconiv

Reaction score
I have found many threads about dead batteries and needing to jumpstart, but not about the check engine light staying on after the jumpstart.

I left it on accessory for a while to use the WiFi on my 2019 Rebel, and drained the battery. Did a jump, and that worked fine, but the check engine light stayed on. Got home after a 30 minute drive, and shut it off for the night, and hoped it would reset the computer if that was the issue, since that is what they have me do, and in the morning, the check engine light is still on. Everything seems to work, but want to see if there is a way to get that to turn off.

Just for curiosity, has anyone figured out a way to put in a second battery, if it is possible, in to one of these?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have found many threads about dead batteries and needing to jumpstart, but not about the check engine light staying on after the jumpstart.

I left it on accessory for a while to use the WiFi on my 2019 Rebel, and drained the battery. Did a jump, and that worked fine, but the check engine light stayed on. Got home after a 30 minute drive, and shut it off for the night, and hoped it would reset the computer if that was the issue, since that is what they have me do, and in the morning, the check engine light is still on. Everything seems to work, but want to see if there is a way to get that to turn off.

Just for curiosity, has anyone figured out a way to put in a second battery, if it is possible, in to one of these?

I can answer the 2nd question:
If you go with either the ram airflow intake, or the vararam intake, the spot where the old the spot where the old airbox went is a great place to put another battery.

A member here, I think his handle is rampatriot, he did exactly that

rconiv

Reaction score
After two days the check engine light turned off on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread