5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper way to play hifi sound...

heydre

Reaction score
I would like to use a portable DAP (M11, R5, or M6) for its quality DAC, digital out, portability, and possibly a better UI (instead of UConnect) for easier browsing/sorting/random play through my car stereo. BUT I'm trying to avoid using the head unit aux input for DAC or buying a $1k amp that comes with a DAC and optical input.

I'm seeking quality playback of my FLAC files...is there a cheaper way to get the digital output of a DAP hooked up to the truck stock stereo system WITHOUT using the aux input, spending $$$ on an amp, or doing BT over the air?

Thanks...

Turin

Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to avoid using the truck's DAC the aux input is the only way I know of because it's the only analog input I'm aware of. I doubt there are any unused ones hiding behind the head unit. Depending on the player you could connect it via USB — that should be equivalent to an optical connection but would mean using the truck's DAC. Personally, I put my digital audio files (MP3, FLAC, etc.) on a flash drive and plugged it into a USB port. It sounds plenty good on my system (HK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online