5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper exhaust idea?

Biggziggie

Reaction score
2019 ram 1500 laramie sport is my first truck. I love it so far but i want a nice exhaust.... i love the “borla atak” for the ram 1500... but the price tag is steeeep lolol are there any other exhause ideas that would make car sound similar to that exhaust?

Heres a video of the borla atak on a ram:

https://youtu.be/-_Gc-9z-Fc

Any ideas?? Help save me a few thousands

RenoRam

Reaction score
Welcome! You can just replace the muffler, which is cheaper. Options are Magnaflow and Flowmaster to name a couple. I have the Magnaflow catback and they are awesome and generally you can find them for around $650 or less delivered.

grinch72

Reaction score
2019 ram 1500 laramie sport is my first truck. I love it so far but i want a nice exhaust.... i love the “borla atak” for the ram 1500... but the price tag is steeeep lolol are there any other exhause ideas that would make car sound similar to that exhaust?

Heres a video of the borla atak on a ram:

https://youtu.be/-_Gc-9z-Fc

Any ideas?? Help save me a few thousands
Are you single?? If not, leave it stock. I put the Borla on my Ram and my wife bugged out. It is super loud. Hell, I’m halfway ready to put it back to stock as well. Haha.

tacodude

Reaction score
Look at a Carven exhaust, they are pretty nice and I believe they are having 15% off right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
I would skip the Carven and any other manufacturer for the time being. Wait a little bit for everyone to get the kinks out.

My personal experience with Carven is sub-par at best. Sounds great, fits like :poop:.....unless you’re willing to take it to a shop to have it aligned like I did. They came out with “redesigned” rear sections to fix the alignment issues and it’s worthless.

I’ve heard Borla also has the same alignment issues unless they came out with a better solution than Carven did which consisted of washers and hose clamps.

If you’re insistent on getting one right now however, go with a Carven, take it to a shop, have it installed, and enjoy (y)

davis2885

Reaction score
The Borla Atak is going to be super loud and have lots of drone too. If you do a lot of driving I'd look for an alternative. Also a muffler swap will be a lot cheaper even with paying for installation than a system.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Ok, disclaimer first; I am fairly new to the truck world....previous vehicle BMW. Yes I love my RAM19!!!
(my truck before this is 2000 dodge 1500....big jump)
I would be one of the first in line if BMW made a truck...until then I feel this RAM19 is right there!!!

Having said that my perspective is "inexperienced" so these items I have come across may not be "the normal" options, though I enjoy the sound of them. I don't split hairs with the sound....if I like it I like it.

This one done on a new RAM 19.
I don't condone the parking lot test....and you can skip to 6:16 time for the sounds

2. http://quicktimeperformance.com/520019/
I like the option of turning it off and on for when I get into my neighborhood.

Hopefully those with more experience can give the pros/cons on the options above. I am definitely open to learn what I can for my new baby!!!

Both seem cheaper than the other options out there I have been learning about. Please let me know thoughts...good, bad, ugly...????

Users who are viewing this thread