5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheap black dual exit exhaust tips??

ramhouston

Reaction score
Could someone kindly present to me some black exhaust tips options for our truck that doesn’t cost an arm and leg? TIA!

NRitland2

Reaction score
Tough to suggest when “arm and leg” is a different price point for everyone. Id check online at your price point and get a pair.

if it was me b2 make a very high quality 5” tip.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your best bet is look on here for a used set OEM black tips if you don't want to spend a bunch. They will run you in the neighborhood of $100. Most aftermarket 5" tips will run you $225 range. Another option is to get your chrome tips powder coated, most likely $80-100 range to strip and powder coat.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Nova90

Reaction score
DTS828 provided some good advice. Anyone replacing the factory exhaust with an aftermarket cat-back system will most likely have a set of tips to salvage. AWE is doing my cat-back exhaust in about a month & the black tips are the only component that I am asking them to save. They can dispose of / recycle the rest of the factory exhaust.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could always paint them. If you prep well, it will look good. Downside is you’ll have to randomly touch them up when they get chips or look sandblasted from road debris.

corunn

Reaction score
Do the black factory exhaust tips from the Hemi fit the Ecodiesel and vice versa? Are they the same Mopar part number?

gmcadams

Reaction score
I have the Carven black tips, 5 inch look great.

Choate

Reaction score
I got mine powder coated for $40. I’ve got a spare set of chrome ones just in case I ever needed a spare

D124F361-188B-470B-8888-07F93A087C9A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread