5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging system woes

mharringer

Reaction score
Honestly, my truck has been pretty trouble free. Love this thing, and can't believe I've had it for 5 years. This winter (March), developed a horrible sound and tracked it down to the Etorque motor. Replaced by the dealer under warranty. Only 40K on my truck (You don't drive much in AK!!)

Yesterday, driving to pick up friends for lunch and my check battery light came on. Voltage was 11.5 and decreasing. Had lunch, truck started but then showed 11.3 volts. Went to dealer, he suggested a big check, but said I could start with a battery. Drove to Costco where the truck DIED in the parking lot, showing 10.5 volts. New battery in, drove home, cleared codes. Went out on errands, and light back on, voltage down to 11.5. To dealer. Waiting to hear. Will keep everyone in the loop.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, my truck has been pretty trouble free. Love this thing, and can't believe I've had it for 5 years. This winter (March), developed a horrible sound and tracked it down to the Etorque motor. Replaced by the dealer under warranty. Only 40K on my truck (You don't drive much in AK!!)

Yesterday, driving to pick up friends for lunch and my check battery light came on. Voltage was 11.5 and decreasing. Had lunch, truck started but then showed 11.3 volts. Went to dealer, he suggested a big check, but said I could start with a battery. Drove to Costco where the truck DIED in the parking lot, showing 10.5 volts. New battery in, drove home, cleared codes. Went out on errands, and light back on, voltage down to 11.5. To dealer. Waiting to hear. Will keep everyone in the loop.
Could be caused by a failing 48 volt pack or open 300A fuse in the power distribution center.

mharringer

Reaction score
Thanks Kapina. They are taking their own sweet time with the diagnosis. Seems like there is only a few things that it could be with the eTorque system.

Users who are viewing this thread