5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Upper Glovebox Light?

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the light bulb in the upper glovebox? I noticed my light is out and I would prefer to do it myself. I messed with it a little, but I dont want to break anything and I can't find much info on the subject. Thanks.

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
It’s super simple I replaced mine with an T10 LED. Just pop out the rectangle trim piece that is holding the bulb and replace. I will take a picture of it in the morning.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
So I wasn't having much luck pulling down on the plastic piece around the light. I was able to get a trim removal tool between the top of the box and the lid. On the right side there is a clip, I pushed it in (to the left) and the light housing released down into the glove box. This is where I noticed the plug (power) had come loose. I reconnected the plug and the light worked again.

cjl77

Reaction score
So I wasn't having much luck pulling down on the plastic piece around the light. I was able to get a trim removal tool between the top of the box and the lid. On the right side there is a clip, I pushed it in (to the left) and the light housing released down into the glove box. This is where I noticed the plug (power) had come loose. I reconnected the plug and the light worked again.
Can you provide step by step instructions of how you got the light to drop down? Pics would be great! I think my light is also not plugged in (or at least not all the way).

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Can you provide step by step instructions of how you got the light to drop down? Pics would be great! I think my light is also not plugged in (or at least not all the way).
It's a pretty small area so I don't think pictures will do an justice. Basically on the right side of the light housing there is a clip holding it in. Starting to the right of the housing (above glovebox) push left with a pry tool or flat head screwdriver to release the clip. This will drop the housing into the glovebox.

Users who are viewing this thread