5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing tire size in alfaobd

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm that they have successfully calibrated their speedometer on a 2022 Model Year with Parksense using AlfaOBD?

There is something different about 2022’s. I know others have been successful on 19/20/21 model years.

I emailed AlfaOBD and they acknowledged that it is a know issue with no solution yet. That said, I may have just answered my own question! Lol.

However, there are lots of folks on here that have added larger tires to their 22 Laramies and Limiteds, which presumably have Parksense.

Is everyone just simply living with your speedometers being off? Or, are they just living with a bunch of disabled features and a dashboard lit up with warning lights?

I’ve also reached out to Rough Country and one other scanner tool company that I can’t think of… they both said the same thing, “..not compatible with Parksense“.

Does anybody have any insight on this?
I could only get to 2600 before my parksense disabled. With my 34's I'm only about 1 mph slow at 60 and 1.5 at 80.
I can live with that until there is a solution.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could only get to 2600 before my parksense disabled. With my 34's I'm only about 1 mph slow at 60 and 1.5 at 80.
I can live with that until there is a solution.
I ended up getting it to work. It was operator error. I skipped the ABS initialization step. My tires are 33” and I ended up at 2567mm and my speedo is now spot on.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up getting it to work. It was operator error. I skipped the ABS initialization step. My tires are 33” and I ended up at 2567mm and my speedo is now spot on.
I'd like to be around 2640, but it disables parksense. Oh well, I'm close enough.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to be around 2640, but it disables parksense. Oh well, I'm close enough.
My tires are LT275/70/18. I used the theoretical circumference (2646mm) minus 3% and it’s perfect.

Last edited:

ff1899

Reaction score
I changed my tpms threshold and my tire size. I'm now getting a traction light all the time and a service trailer break message on start up. Any help?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed my tpms threshold and my tire size. I'm now getting a traction light all the time and a service trailer break message on start up. Any help?

After changing the tire settings, did you connect to the abs module and follow the steps of the abs initialization routine?

ff1899

Reaction score
After changing the tire settings, did you connect to the abs module and follow the steps of the abs initialization routine?
I did all the steps however the initialization itself for abs start button stayed gray and unable to press. The rest of the steps listed in it I did do

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did all the steps however the initialization itself for abs start button stayed gray and unable to press. The rest of the steps listed in it I did do
Try sending a DM to Jimmy07. He helped me when I had questions.

Chris15228

Reaction score
Went to 35s the other day. Have the bypass cable and AlphaOBD. 2021 Ram 1500 big horn black, 5.7. Have Saturn298's docs from google drive and have watched a handful of youtube.
If I understand all I've read on this thread and others:
1. being a 2021 I will probably need to re-do abs, clear codes and all that.
2. BFG KO2 are 34.5 thoretical, =108.3" circ., or 2750.8mm circ. rounding down and -3% for a rolling circ. means a good place to start is about 2660mm, however this is most likely higher than parksense will allow. If so, reduce mm circ until parksense works, see how far off speedo is. Either live with speedo off and parksense on, or speed o on and parksense off, unless i hit the 1:1,000,000 that it all works.

That about sum it up correctly?
Thanks

Rivy.Ram33

Reaction score
Hey brother you get an answer for this? Mines grayed out as well.

bigal808

Reaction score
I asked that question

A year ago and got no answer for the grey out
The option is greyed out but above that it gives instructions on what steps to take to do the initialization.

See video:
"AlfaOBD - Change your Tire Size to Correct Your Speedo on your RAM!!"

frisby5

Reaction score
The option is greyed out but above that it gives instructions on what steps to take to do the initialization.

See video:
"AlfaOBD - Change your Tire Size to Correct Your Speedo on your RAM!!"
I got the jscan app it was alot easier for me to change the tire size. I didnt feel like messing around with Alfa obd for tire size. I have both Apps now.

Users who are viewing this thread