5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing resonator

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m wondering if I change my rear resonators to a-karacks 3 inch in/outlet by 16 inch. Would it make my stock muffler sound more of a deeper tone sound. Or is there something else I can make it have a deeper tone but not super loud.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Has anyone done a resonator swap on a stock muffler ram?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m wondering if I change my rear resonators to a-karacks 3 inch in/outlet by 16 inch. Would it make my stock muffler sound more of a deeper tone sound. Or is there something else I can make it have a deeper tone but not super loud.
Not sure what "a-karacks" is?

John Galt

Reaction score
Just roll down the window and make “vroom vroom” noises!

I paid extra for the more quiet truck.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It could, but that would be more expensive then just changing the stock muffler, which would also be more effective. The stock muffler change is just two cuts and two welds, but double if you do the back resonators. Plenty of mild but still louder than stock mufflers out there, whereas removing the stock resonators may not get the results you want.

Users who are viewing this thread