5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing out ALL Ceiling Speakers in 2019 RAM

Mark O

Reaction score
I'm looking to change out ALL the ceiling/roof speakers in my 2019 RAM. I do have the upgraded Harmon Kardon system, but am not impressed. Has anyone done this yet? I found a post that someone replaced the 2 rear roof speakers which are 3 1/2" same as front dash. What about the front roof speakers? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Most likely I will be going with all JL Audio, as they seem to be arguably one of the best available.

Please Advise,

Mark O.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Yes same size as dash speakers. But I believe they are 2.5”. I can’t remember. I put same speakers in roof as I did the dash.

G unit

Reaction score
I'm looking to change out ALL the ceiling/roof speakers in my 2019 RAM. I do have the upgraded Harmon Kardon system, but am not impressed. Has anyone done this yet? I found a post that someone replaced the 2 rear roof speakers which are 3 1/2" same as front dash. What about the front roof speakers? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Most likely I will be going with all JL Audio, as they seem to be arguably one of the best available.

Please Advise,

Mark O.
Do you have any bass in yours. Mine is so weak I am trying to figure out what to do.

Mark O

Reaction score
Do you have any bass in yours. Mine is so weak I am trying to figure out what to do.
JL Audio Stealth Sub. I’ve had them in 3 of my last 4 vehicles. Nothing compares to it. They are vehicle specific. Already picked one out for this RAM

Mark O

Reaction score
Yes same size as dash speakers. But I believe they are 2.5”. I can’t remember. I put same speakers in roof as I did the dash.
Thanks that helps to know what to order. Did you just swap out the speakers or did you wire those through an amp as well ? I was looking at using the JL Audio C7.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13699758/JL-Audio-C7-350cm.html

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Thanks that helps to know what to order. Did you just swap out the speakers or did you wire those through an amp as well ? I was looking at using the JL Audio C7.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13699758/JL-Audio-C7-350cm.html
I put that speaker in center dash. It’s amazing. Also headliner doesn’t get removed. The bezels are held on by metal clips for the roof speakers. They are tough as hell and pushing them back on is tough. I rewired every speaker in my truck with 16 gauge wire.

Mark O

Reaction score
I plan on replacing all 3 in the dash. Next concern is wiring and insulation . Need to find someone qualified to take on that job.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Please Advise,

Mark O.
Just because I'm curious...what don't you like about the HK system? I have the Alpine 9 speaker system in my Laramie, but I like the HK system in my wife's Limited a lot more. Definitely an upgrade over the Alpine system, and I've upgraded the dash speakers in the Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread