5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing map lights out on 2019 Ram

Mehkmh3

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the front map lights out on a 2019 ram? I’m switching all my lighting to led. I’ve took the overhead assembly out and still can’t find an easy way to change them.

Limbeck

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the front map lights out on a 2019 ram? I’m switching all my lighting to led. I’ve took the overhead assembly out and still can’t find an easy way to change them.

Sometimes can be a dangerous game. Not sure if Chrysler are the same as Toyota but I swapped all LED lights and it caused all kinds of strange electrical issues in my Tundra. I’ll never mess with that again. The voltage differences cause issues sometimes but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I did it on mine. No voltage issues, but I had a heck of a time getting the leads on the map lights. Once I took the old ones out, they were spread apart pretty good. Ended up soldering them in just to make sure. Replaced the dome, both maps, and third brake light.

Mehkmh3

Reaction score
Thanks all. I finally got them changed out and they look great.

Users who are viewing this thread