5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing from Tow Mirrors to Power Folding Mirrors (using alfaOBD on Windows)

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
Install being done on my (21 Lonestar) truck using new driver door switch (with folding mirror button) and new mirrors with the following capabilities: power folding, heat, in-glass turn signals, puddle light, outside turn signals, and BSM. Accessories used: Exctool 12+8 Pin Connector to OBD2 Adapter Security Bypass Cable, Vgate vLinker MC OBD2 scanner, alfaOBD on Windows computer. To clarify, the new mirrors vs old capabilities are the same except for new mirrors are folding with in-glass turn signals and have BSM but i'll install that stuff at a later date.

In "Run", I have paired the alfaOBD app to the vLinker scanner device and have enabled the power folding option in both driver and passenger front doors but they are still not responsive to the action of folding. I have not activated/enabled anything else. Any ideas?

(Updates with fixes in following replies)

Pic of mirrors attached for anyone interested.
IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0120.jpeg
IMG_0126.jpeg

Last edited:

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
Additionally, in SYSTEM STATUS, still shows “power folding mirror: no” and “tow mirror: yes”. See pic. Within system status, should i try clearing the log and running it again, or is it already doing this with the “auto-refresh” on?

IMG_0125.jpeg

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
Updates: I’ve discovered in “advanced mode”, I need to change my device name to BODY COMPUTER CHRYSLER under the Body Computer section, with the following drop down (modification) being “Ram 1500 DT: My2021 Powernet”.

Then, and I was able to go back to “active diagnostics” where I found “my car configuration”. At the bottom, there is a text box where you can type in something like “doors” or simply scroll down in the drop down below, until you find “doors: power folding” and then choose the option for “yes”, and select “start” and “next”. Then I saw the option a few choices below “tow mirror” and change that to “no”.

Afterwards, I went back up top and selected “ back up vehicle configuration to file”. Give it a minute or two to give you a new message about where it saved, then you can copy the saved location and open the file location on your computer and move it to wherever you would like to keep it safe.

Hope this helps!

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg

Last edited:

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
If you’ll notice, the pic of the new mirrors have “in-glass signal lights” and “memory” as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online