5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Footwell LED

Mooogga

Reaction score
I am looking to change the footwell lighting in my 2020 Bighorn from the new style led 1589680816565.png to the older style 1589680882205.png as i want to be able to change it to a bulb that will match the rest of my interior bulbs. The problem is that the new style has 3 wires( White/Green- ambient lighting circuit, Yellow/purple- footwell and dome light connection, Black- Ground) while the old has 2. Can i couple the ambient and dome wires into one pin without running into problems, or just leave one of them out (preferably the ambient if i had to go this route)? Is there a light with 4 pins i can match current wiring and still be able to put my preferred bulb in?

FM45

Reaction score
I actually just did the exact opposite, Old to New style.. The old style is only a two pin style, so you would just use the black and yl/vl .. tape off the wt/gr.. You will loose the ambient light feature with this setup tho.. also you will have to replace connector and pins as they are not the same... There is a thread on this forum about swapping the new style to different colors with little effort.. Search...

-=FM45=-

Krotz31

Reaction score
I actually just did the exact opposite, Old to New style.. The old style is only a two pin style, so you would just use the black and yl/vl .. tape off the wt/gr.. You will loose the ambient light feature with this setup tho.. also you will have to replace connector and pins as they are not the same... There is a thread on this forum about swapping the new style to different colors with little effort.. Search...

-=FM45=-
I’m trying to change the color of my 2020 footwell lights. I’ve tried searching but cant find the thread it was under. Do you happen to remember what it was maybe posted under? Thanks!

FM45

Reaction score
You can start here---

-=FM45=-

Users who are viewing this thread