5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing coolant on a Pentastar with etorque

19jds76

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the coolant in their truck? I want to drain and refill my system but cannot find the bleeder screw. There are multiple examples online as to where the bleeder screw is on a non-etorque version of the Pentastar V6 but I cannot find any examples for ours.

19jds76

Reaction score
Over 100 views and no answer. I didn't think I was asking that hard of a question. Is no one doing maintenance on their trucks?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, and since I never considered the pentastar I know practically nothing about them. But my understanding is that all 5th gens with the pentastar have etorque. So if that's the case, a better question might be "how do you bleed the coolant on a 5th gen 1500 with the pentastar engine?".

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Over 100 views and no answer. I didn't think I was asking that hard of a question. Is no one doing maintenance on their trucks?
Are you looking for the drain or a bleeder to burp the air? The etorque generator is basically just an accessory bolted to the engine. I'd imagine the air bleed is in same location

19jds76

Reaction score
Are you looking for the drain or a bleeder to burp the air? The etorque generator is basically just an accessory bolted to the engine. I'd imagine the air bleed is in same location
I am trying to figure out how to purge the air out of the system. You are incorrect about the bleeder being in the same location. The coolant system is completely different on an etorque vs non-etorque.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to purge the air out of the system. You are incorrect about the bleeder being in the same location. The coolant system is completely different on an etorque vs non-etorque.
There isnt a 5th Gen Ram that doesn't have etorque, but I believe you that it is different from previous generations

Users who are viewing this thread