5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change presents with steering wheel button?

Jadimcc1

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Ive got all my siriusxm presents programmed # 1 - # 12

Is there a way to change my radio stations (presets) using the steering wheel buttons?

Right now its sequential 6,7,8,9...
I want it to change to my presets..25,34,36,43 etc...

Thanks

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I don’t think you can do that with the steering wheel , I’m pretty sure it will only scroll though your presets either up or down .

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, I believe it is the middle button on left side to switch through presets.

KCViper

Reaction score
Just got my truck and interested in this as well!! Subscribed...

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What KPP said. Middle button on left side will step sequentially thru your XM presets (also works for AM/FM presets) There is no way to back up, only forward #1-#12 and then it will start over again.

The up/down buttons on the left will step thru the XM stations forward and backward (not the presets).

KCViper

Reaction score
What KPP said. Middle button on left side will step sequentially thru your XM presets (also works for AM/FM presets) There is no way to back up, only forward #1-#12 and then it will start over again.

The up/down buttons on the left will step thru the XM stations forward and backward (not the presets).
So went out to the truck and played with this before reading your post. It is exactly as @piening2150 says. Also would add that the middle back button on the right side will scroll through your inputs (ie. Sirius, FM, AM, etc).

louscrw

Reaction score
It’s so aggravating you can’t scroll through your presets backwards. If you’re listening to preset 2, but want to go to preset 1, when using the steering wheel, you have to scroll all the way through presets 3-12. So, because I only listen to the same few channels regularly, I duplicated some of them.

BobK

Reaction score
Thats what i did too. The first row is the same as the second so i can just press a few more times and get to the front of the list again. I dont mind it actually, because it makes it easy to scroll throw the stations while driving til something i want to listen too is playing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread