5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Muffler

kilogRAM

Reaction score
That’s one I bought from Amazon. It will fit, but the muffler shop will have to fab some exhaust tubing since it’s just the muffler. I did it this way because it was cheaper. Otherwise you can purchase the direct fit kit which doesn’t require fabbing. You can do it in your driveway. Just cut, bolt, and clamp.

View attachment 169706

Appreciate it. I think I'll go this route at welding seems better over time than the direct fit clamp

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I think I'll go this route at welding seems better over time than the direct fit clamp
No problem. Probably a good call. Some people complain about leaking on the clamp side, and have to get it welded anyway.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but for some reason it comes up pretty high on Google search so I would like to throw in my two cents. Here at B2 Fabrication we offer 3 different sound levels for the Ram, you can find them HERE. Our moderate version is basically identical to the FlowFX . After making one cut it is bolt-on ready to go. We also offer the muffler by itself HERE. You will probably save some money going the muffler route although I personally do not think it is really worth it. I have never seen a muffler shop install the muffler by itself and have it look anywhere near the quality of our bolt on kit. The fact is that most muffler shops don't have mandrel benders, stainless tubing in stock, or the ability to make the stainless hangers as nice as we do. So you end up saving about a hundred bucks for an exhaust system that looks cobbled together, probably not worth it on a 50K truck.
FlowMaster FlowFX Ram 1500 exhaust.png

Ram 1500 Muffler.png

mrclortho

Reaction score
I am running the B2 muffler delete, which is essentially what you see above but a bent pipe and has the flanges on the ends. I kept the resonators and the truck sounds amazing. I got the delete thinking it would be too loud and was probably going to get the mid-volume version, knew it would be interchangeable, but kept the delete. When on the throttle, it sounds like an old school muscle car, but on the highway it isn't loud. You can hear it, but it does not drone like a chamber muffler. It has been about a year and is holding up great.

My buddy is running a chamber Flowmaster on his F150 V8, it is stupid loud inside the cab and drives me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread