5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Muffler

Girlsdrivetruckstoo

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a 2023 Ram 5.7 Hemi eTorque. I want a little more sound from the exhaust system. If I change the muffler will it cause any issues? I’ve heard some ppl experience error message lights etc.
Looking for suggestions on what modification works best to achieve some sound? I don’t want it extremely loud though.
Does anyone know if this will void the warranty?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a 2023 Ram 5.7 Hemi eTorque. I want a little more sound from the exhaust system. If I change the muffler will it cause any issues? I’ve heard some ppl experience error message lights etc.
Looking for suggestions on what modification works best to achieve some sound? I don’t want it extremely loud though.
Tons of other threads on this subject. Do a quick search and all your answers will be found, and then some.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I bought my Ram used, so I am not 100% sure on what i have....

My ram w/ 5.7 Etorque has a great growl to it. When I bought the truck I assumed it was stock as everything else on the truck was bone stock. But I have had a few Ram owners tell me how good it sounds compared to there quieter Ram's. I have crawled under, and the mufflers on it do say Mopar, so likely a factory upgrade.

Anyway, it has a nice throaty idle growl and a great sound when I get on it, but not a annoying drone or anything while cruising. I would personally not want a louder exhaust then this.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is a lot of information here, and like @HSKR R/T suggested, I would also encourage you to do some perusing of the forum. But I can answer a couple of your questions.

No, it won't cause any issues if you replace the muffler. As long as you don't touch anything from the cat forward you won't see any error messages. And the only part of the warranty this would affect is any warranty on the muffler itself.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st decide what your budget will be
simple muffler swap will be average $250-$350 including muffler and labor around my area
do it your self bolt on kit $250-$450
then just incase full cat back - rough country is the cheapest - $600 then you best in the industry borla, corsa, etc I think $1200 and up
sound and even drone is subjective so you will find many opinions and videos here and also American trucks website has video clips on most
moderate options are - flowmaster flow fx, magnaflow, b2 fabrications oval, mbrp hi flow
more aggressive options - b2 fab round, carven R, flowmaster outlaw
then I have also seen some do a muffler delete with stock resonators and the opposite oem muffler with resonator delete, so many options
good luck

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Kenny4

Reaction score

My ram w/ 5.7 Etorque has a great growl to it. When I bought the truck I assumed it was stock as everything else on the truck was bone stock. But I have had a few Ram owners tell me how good it sounds compared to there quieter Ram's. I have crawled under, and the mufflers on it do say Mopar, so likely a factory upgrade.

Anyway, it has a nice throaty idle growl and a great sound when I get on it, but not a annoying drone or anything while cruising. I would personally not want a louder exhaust then this.
You said " Mufflers " plural. isn't the 5,7---2 into 1 with just one muffler?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Ram has or had multiple different exhaust system, with different sounds. My last 2020 Laramie, had a great sound, quiet, yet throaty, that sounded great on acceleration. The 2023 Limited, that I didn't accept, was whisper quiet. I'm hoping the 24 Limited I ordered has the throatier exhaust. I don't like the loud ones, but I want to hear that Hemi roar, when I hit it.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I went with Black Widows on the Hemi in my car. The "Neighbor Hater". Sounds great. If you are a subdivision guy, I would not recommend.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
You said " Mufflers " plural. isn't the 5,7---2 into 1 with just one muffler?
It has 2 exaust exits(1on each side) and just up from the tip there is a large muffler on each side. The muffler is stamped mopar. I have not looked further up towards the engine to see what else there is.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It has 2 exaust exits(1on each side) and just up from the tip there is a large muffler on each side. The muffler is stamped mopar. I have not looked further up towards the engine to see what else there is.
Those are resonators,.not mufflers. The single muffler is further forward under the cab

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
There is one muffler further up. It's not an old barrel that you ran over and got wedged up under the truck, that giant thing is a muffler!

NU2RAM - LIMITED

Reaction score
I just traded my 2018 King Ranch for a 2019 Ram Limited. Going from the V6 Ecoboost in the King Ranch to the 5.7 V8 in the RAM, I wanted to hear the Hemi. I did a muffler delete, still have the front resonator and the two back resonators. To me, just driving around it has a nice throaty sound. Put my foot in it yes it can get load. But at these gas prices... the foot doesn't get into it much.

kilogRAM

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but didn't want to start a new one for a simple answer.
Can someone confirm my muffler inlet/outlet position is offset in offset out? 20231021_103125.jpg 20231021_103207.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is offset in and out on this huge barrel of a muffler. Idk how much, but they have to do that to make it fit. When I swapped to the flowFX muffler, just one side is offset. Depends on the muffler.

Here’s flowfx
1697900972493.png

kilogRAM

Reaction score
It is offset in and out on this huge barrel of a muffler. Idk how much, but they have to do that to make it fit. When I swapped to the flowFX muffler, just one side is offset. Depends on the muffler.

Here’s flowfx
Ok thanks, that flowx was actually the one I was looking at.
So that one pictured will fit?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, that flowx was actually the one I was looking at.
So that one pictured will fit?
That’s one I bought from Amazon. It will fit, but the muffler shop will have to fab some exhaust tubing since it’s just the muffler. I did it this way because it was cheaper. Otherwise you can purchase the direct fit kit which doesn’t require fabbing. You can do it in your driveway. Just cut, bolt, and clamp.

1697912848246.png

Users who are viewing this thread