5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change halogen to led headlights oem

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Will be changing my oem halogen headlights to the oem led headlights in the next few weeks. Picked up 2 led headlights for 300$ total, so I'm beyond excited! Have tested all functions of new headlights and can confirm everything works. Just need to get the harness now. Seeing if anyone who has done the swap had any useful tips or anything to watch out for before I begin? Thanks in advance!!

2019 big horn 4x4 crew no fender flares

Attachments

• 20190906_103944.jpg
    20190906_103944.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190804_183626.jpg
    20190804_183626.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 119

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just take your time. The instructions from Retro Shop are pretty good. It’s pretty straight forward once you get started, just basically unscrewing stuff.

The only thing that sucks is taking the front fascia pieces off. The one screw inside the fender well is in a tough spot. Then, you need to be careful removing it because there’s around 8 or 10 clips holding it on.

I found that you will need to apply equal pulling force on both sides of the fascia panel to get it to release without (hopefully) breaking any of the clips. See picture for reference.

Also, take note of the screws as you remove them as some are longer than others.

A39BB710-8100-48F8-8BC8-3DEDBED0327A.jpeg

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Just take your time. The instructions from Retro Shop are pretty good. It’s pretty straight forward once you get started, just basically unscrewing stuff.

The only thing that sucks is taking the front fascia pieces off. The one screw inside the fender well is in a tough spot. Then, you need to be careful removing it because there’s around 8 or 10 clips holding it on.

I found that you will need to apply equal pulling force on both sides of the fascia panel to get it to release without (hopefully) breaking any of the clips. See picture for reference.

Also, take note of the screws as you remove them as some are longer than others.

View attachment 35301
Awesome thanks! From what I've read that fascia is the only pain in the ***.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Look if that’s the case I want a set of spares for the wife’s Ram lol.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Wow $300 sign me up too lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tlaug01

Reaction score
I stalked Facebook marketplace daily for quite some time...

blownout1500

Reaction score
Awesome thanks! From what I've read that fascia is the only pain in the ***.
Getting fascia to release took elbow grease and a lot of tries, but in the end not too bad. For the life of me I just could not get the last fascia clip (at the point where it meets the grill) to release. In the end I just had to yank it and break the clip lol

jws350

Reaction score
Will be changing my oem halogen headlights to the oem led headlights in the next few weeks. Picked up 2 led headlights for 300$ total, so I'm beyond excited! Have tested all functions of new headlights and can confirm everything works. Just need to get the harness now. Seeing if anyone who has done the swap had any useful tips or anything to watch out for before I begin? Thanks in advance!!

2019 big horn 4x4 crew no fender flares
Where did you find the LED's for $300.00. $1550.00 including the harness's from Retroshop. I have been communicating with Jeremy from Retroshop and he is extremely helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread