5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coatings Question

HEMITKN

Reaction score
I am having my truck done in two weeks. My question is I was told I could leave my decals on and was wondering every one elses opinion. I have the BTS flags and a decal on the tailgate. Fire away ;-)
BTS abrams 9.jpg BTS rear shot.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah they will coat over top of them. So if you ever want to remove them later on, you will have to go back and get the ceramic redone in that area to smooth it out and cover where the decal was.

cervelo15

Reaction score
^^^totally agree…..i was concerned with the badges being matte finish and the shop coating it, but it retained a nice matte-ish sheen to it when he was done. Also, have them do the wheels if you’re interested. Keeps the brake dust off. BTW, what part of PA are you from?

HEMITKN

Reaction score
^^^totally agree…..i was concerned with the badges being matte finish and the shop coating it, but it retained a nice matte-ish sheen to it when he was done. Also, have them do the wheels if you’re interested. Keeps the brake dust off. BTW, what part of PA are you from?
Thanks, below you in York, PA. Having everything done with Ceramic Pro nano tech. Figure it is worth it on this one I plan to keep for a long time.

Mike

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thanks, below you in York, PA. Having everything done with Ceramic Pro nano tech. Figure it is worth it on this one I plan to keep for a long time.

Mike
Nice, my brother in laws girlfriend lives there. Will be down there this Saturday.

I never regret going the ceramic route. It’s easy to clean, durable and looks fantastic when washed. I’m going to start using this stuff called Carpro Reset shampoo for maintenance washes. I have heard it’s phenomenal for coated cars and gives a nice, clean gloss when finished.

Jack.

Reaction score
I gotten mine ceramic coated last week and the truck look amazing, i think it was worth it. I got the 5 years treatment or whats not for like 1500. Now i just gotta let it sits for another 4 days or so and i can start washing it.

Users who are viewing this thread