5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating Questions

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just quoted $1200 from a certified Ceramic Pro installer , that includes the gold package lifetime protection which i have doubts about that. My truck is new
So it wont take much for them to prep. I was wondering if i should save my money and do a paint sealant or do a hybrid ceramic coating myself or stick
To wax.
Personally I don't think that it is a bad price. I'd checkout what the guarantee is. Your new truck will need a complete polishing, new vechiles look like crap as opposed to the way they look after the paint correction.
I payed 1500, truck looked/looks great, and I pay 150 a year for an exterior maintenance detail which renews the look after the winter, removes the water spots etc. I can afford it but I'm frugle in spending my money and I've never regreted the ceramic. It makes washing easier and spray on toppers and enhancers are easy to use.

Even if you decide doing the sealing or wax yourself, I'd still recommend the paint correction.... it will look great on any darker paint color. I don't think I'd use it on a white truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was just quoted $1200 from a certified Ceramic Pro installer , that includes the gold package lifetime protection which i have doubts about that. My truck is new
So it wont take much for them to prep. I was wondering if i should save my money and do a paint sealant or do a hybrid ceramic coating myself or stick
To wax.
Get a professional ceramic coating. Nothing DIY will hold up as long. I'm sure the "lifetime" protection requires regular "maintenance" washes. Most of these professional coatings get reported to Carfax, so if you ever sell the truck, it should add some value. $1200 isn't bad, that's about what I paid for min with 7-year protection. But that also included an interior protectsnt that is for the same timeframe and they have a guarantee against rips/tears, holes, cracking, and stains on all the I terior upholstery

frisby5

Reaction score
Yeah my truck is white . I do take care of my vehicle ,i just sold my 02 ram quad cab ,paint was still in great shape from waxing and maintenance . Only had 72k on it i got $11,500 out of it.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone expand on the paint correction? Not familiar with that.
Thanks

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or is that old school clay bar?
I suppose that paint correction could me different things to different folks but normally it means going over the entire painted surface and removing all the imperfections that you can, usually ending with polishing the finish. When I had mine done there were light and dark spots in the paint, water marks and scratches on my new truck. The detailer removed an polished it all before applying the ceramic. It looked, and still looks 200% better than new after 3 winters.
When I bring it in for it''s post winter detailing, he will clay it where it' s needed,, buff out any scratches and put a ceramic tipper on it, usually IGL Premier in my case and it will look absolutely great.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone expand on the paint correction? Not familiar with that.
Thanks
Claybar and decontaminate the paint. Correct any scratches that may be in it. Usually a good polish to smooth it out before applying the ceramic

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got this estimate:
LLumar Valor self-healing ceramic infused paint
protection film. Front bumper, headlights and
bumper corners $ 825.00

Does this seem reasonable and is it really worth it? I have read of all of the bad chips on the body colored bumper...I lease but do want this truck looking good so willing to spend some money.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds expensive for the bumper, headlights and bumper corners. Isn't that like getting the bumper painted 2x?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got this estimate:
LLumar Valor self-healing ceramic infused paint
protection film. Front bumper, headlights and
bumper corners $ 825.00

Does this seem reasonable and is it really worth it? I have read of all of the bad chips on the body colored bumper...I lease but do want this truck looking good so willing to spend some money.

That sounds about right for that coverage. I paid $16-1700 for full front PPF that includes the front fenders, hood, fender flares, bumper, lights and above the windshield

Users who are viewing this thread