5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating Question

Jims380da

Reaction score
In process of picking up blacked out Laramie and have a question about ceramic. I lease the truck but very picky about how I keep my vehicles and like them always looking good. I swore to myself 15 years ago Id never get a black vehicle again. Would you spend the $ for ceramic if you do not own the truck? A guy I do business with said he would do the ceramic pro for 1000.00 and that its usually 1800. I see the do it yourself kits but I honestly don't have time for that. Please advise. Thanks

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does that price include a paint correction? The ceramic will only do so much, the paint needs to be perfect for it to really shine.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Does that price include a paint correction? The ceramic will only do so much, the paint needs to be perfect for it to really shine.
yes, he said so. but its a brand new truck.

dsn112

Reaction score
yes, he said so. but its a brand new truck.

Brand new means nothing, most trucks roll out of the factory with blemishes, and then the dealer inflicts more damage washing it. That said, I'd hope a detailer that installs ceramic knows this...

agjr85

Reaction score
probably just needs one pass. $1000 isn't bad if this is a legit detailer and he is using a decent product.

You can also do a liquid form for less than $75 and coat it well once and just do maint/boost washes going forward.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new means nothing, most trucks roll out of the factory with blemishes, and then the dealer inflicts more damage washing it. That said, I'd hope a detailer that installs ceramic knows this...
Yep. My last SRT the dealer swirled so bad it was disgusting. I specifically told them to be extra careful and it looked like they washed it with steel wool.

agjr85

Reaction score
Yup, mine was a showroom model and it has a bunch of light swirls from the constant "detailing " they gave it.

Users who are viewing this thread