5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating, Paint Protection Film, and Tint next week

borant

Reaction score
Found on tesla forum:
Choose a coating that best fit your needs. There are short term coatings that last up to 3yrs (C.Quartz UK, C.Quartz Finest, Optimum Gloss, 22PLE)and then there are long term coatings that last 5+ years (Opti Coat Pro, Modesta, Gtechniq Crystal Serum, Ceramic Pro 9H). If you leased your MS then a short term coating is your best choice but if you bought your MS a long term coating is what you should consider and it'll give you the best value. A short term coating could be cheaper now, but keep in mind that you will have to have it reapplied in 2-3yrs. Add that cost and it will no longer be cost effective.

borant

Reaction score
I will do Opticoat Pro Plus, quoted $1500 and shop cannot discount it since price set by Opti-Coat. Instead of discount they will do wheels and chrome within price. Opti Glass will add $100.

573nny

Reaction score
Auto armor is just a sealant. It will last six months to a year depending on weather conditions and ongoing proper wash care. It is the exact product that led me to learn more about the detailing world after I was talked into buying it at the dealer.

Well... crud. :confused:

Good to know.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I have Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating on my 2016 MINI. All I've done to it over the past 2 1/2 years is regular hand washes about ever 4-6 weeks. The car still looks brand spanking new. Super shiny and repels water like it did when it was first coated. Bugs and road grime come right off when washed. Hardest part of washing it is keeping it wet. For me, its been well worth the investment.

For my new truck, I'll be doing the coating myself. I'm either going with Blackfire Pro Ceramic coating or Gtechniq Crystal Lite with an overcoat of EXO.

Pnorth

Reaction score
My buddy has a good friend that owns a great detail shop in Northern VA. Leaving my truck with him for a week next week to get tint installed, PPF on the front, and a multiple layer ceramic coat.

Once it’s done the Granite Crystal on my truck should just look insanely nice.

Side note my guy was VERY impressed with the paint on the RAM. He said it will require very little Paint Correction treatment. Actually he said some of the worst paint jobs are on Rolls Royce, Lambos, and other Uber high end brands since they are painted one at a time and usually leads to more defects.

I’ll be sure to post some photos of the process he is going to send me and some after shots.
Hi, how did it turn out? Pictures?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating on my 2016 MINI. All I've done to it over the past 2 1/2 years is regular hand washes about ever 4-6 weeks. The car still looks brand spanking new. Super shiny and repels water like it did when it was first coated. Bugs and road grime come right off when washed. Hardest part of washing it is keeping it wet. For me, its been well worth the investment.

For my new truck, I'll be doing the coating myself. I'm either going with Blackfire Pro Ceramic coating or Gtechniq Crystal Lite with an overcoat of EXO.

I'm ordering cquartz UK 3.0 via carpro today. The UK 3.0 version is reportedly improved, particularly for cold climates with lots of salt/brine. A friend who ran a detail shop and has used all these products is applying it on his new car in the next couple weeks and is going to let me assist so I can be comfortable with the coatings, and then he will help me with mine too once the truck arrives. I'll say top notch customer service from carpro. I emailed them a list of questions on the product and they answered every one of them within a few hours. Btw, he told me that the Blackfire is a little easier to apply that the GCL, but you'll be pleased with either product if prep properly.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Hi, how did it turn out? Pictures?

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/tint-ppf-and-ceramic-coat-installed.763/

Here is a link of my post after I got the work done with photos. It’s awesome and I’m very happy. The PPF already has a few minor marks on it that I know saved the paint.

The Gyeon DuraFlex is an incredible coat but it’s pro install only but currently I’d say it’s worth it. The shine on the car is always there and it’s so easy to clean and water beads right off.

After I wash my car I can just drag my drying towel on the paint and it’s spotless.

Pnorth

Reaction score
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/tint-ppf-and-ceramic-coat-installed.763/

Here is a link of my post after I got the work done with photos. It’s awesome and I’m very happy. The PPF already has a few minor marks on it that I know saved the paint.

The Gyeon DuraFlex is an incredible coat but it’s pro install only but currently I’d say it’s worth it. The shine on the car is always there and it’s so easy to clean and water beads right off.

After I wash my car I can just drag my drying towel on the paint and it’s spotless.
Thank you! Looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread