5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic coating on 22" Factory Rims

George Bednar

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of 22" take offs. I will not be installing them until late March or early April. Does anyone know of a place that ceramic coats in Central Illinois?

George Bednar

Reaction score
There are a lot of DIY ceramic coatings on the market. For rims you could easily do it yourself. I was just reading up on the Adams Ceramic coating last night. https://amzn.to/2tjIyLQ

Thanks for the link. I was considering having my Billet Silver Limited coated as well. Still looking for a Central Illinois coater, but may do the rims myself.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Ya, if you want to do the whole truck finding a qualified detailer would be best. I had the Ceramic Pro Gold installed on mine and love it. The water just beads off even when the truck is dirty.

George Bednar

Reaction score
Ya, if you want to do the whole truck finding a qualified detailer would be best. I had the Ceramic Pro Gold installed on mine and love it. The water just beads off even when the truck is dirty.

Thanks for you input. I have googled Illinois ceramic coaters and have not had any luck

Fidomac

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of 22" take offs. I will not be installing them until late March or early April. Does anyone know of a place that ceramic coats in Central Illinois?
They quoted me $100 a wheel to ceramic coat my 22s.... I bought ceramic coat off Amazon for $50 and did it myself in an afternoon.....2 Coats..... looks good now I don't know if it will hold up ..... The biggest job is getting the wheels absolutely clean before applying the ceramic coat

saxapl

Reaction score

Ziebart in Bloomington does ceramic paint coating, but I do not know about wheels. They did my wife’s SRT Durango. They are getting my truck next week, but not going to have ceramic done again as it is twice the price of their diamond paint protection.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Yes do it yourself, great place to practice is your wheels, you won't regret it.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
I use all the Adams product's just make sure you use the wheel ceramic coating and not the regular. The wheels coating is for a higher temperature .

Users who are viewing this thread