5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating Experience

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Been calling around and getting quotes for ceramic coating. 3 of the shops I talked to said they would need a minimum of 2 days to complete everything. Pricing for the 3 year application ranged between $700-$850. This sound right for those of you that have had it done?

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Meh, just do it yourself. I really like Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating. Also really like almost everything Griot's makes too.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Meh, just do it yourself. I really like Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating. Also really like almost everything Griot's makes too.

Just had my shoulder replaced and bicep reattached 5 weeks ago, not something I can do for awhile.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Mine took 4 days for four coats. Plus i had paint correction. Orginally it was two days
Dropping mine off next Wednesday morning and picking up Friday night. Also getting the tint and ppf done at the same time.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think a minimal of 2 days typically. Since usually there’s a 24 hour period with no water on it. Factor in that and doing minor paint correction. I think I think I dropped mine off for 3 maybe 4 days but I was also getting PPF fixed/applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kdawg

Reaction score
Does that include paint correction and what brand of ceramic coating are they going to use?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my '19 done when it was new. It was around $1000 for a 5-year package.

I didn't have to pay any extra for any paint correction as the truck was new. That truck was black. When I traded it in 3 years and 73K miles later, the paint still looked better than new. It made me a believer in ceramic coatings. Especially on a black truck. I can't remember how long they kept my truck. I want to say it was just 1 day, but it could have been 2. I don't think it was any longer than that.

I liked the results so much that my '21 is scheduled to go in in a couple of weeks. But, I have moved and around here, the 5 year coating is going to set me back $1900. And, being that the truck already has over 20K miles on it, they recommended 2 stage paint correction first, which I concurred with. So, all in it's going to be $2100. But, my '21 is also black and I know I will regret it later if I don't get it done now. With the paint correction and the coating, they said they want to be able to have my truck for 4 days.

I got the windows tinted (35% ceramic film on sides and back) by the same place earlier this week. With the ceramic coating on the paint and my Helo wheels just waiting to go on, I will be very, very happy with the overall looks of my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread